Hello From Rhode Island, USA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
73' Mustang Hardtop- 302 2v V8
Hello everyone, my name is Elizabeth and I am from Rhode Island. Im in college studying Criminal Justice and have my 73' coupe waiting for a full restoration one day in hopes it'll be (original) show-car quality. Its a 302 2bbl V8.

The car has been in the shop for almost a year now because of a teenager rear-ending it (and driving away). The shop did complete body work not only in the back, but also the front. A full paint job was in place even though the original paint was in great shape. I got some new rims that the shop will be putting on, the hub caps were dangerous since they kept popping off.

I can't wait to meet people with these cars since I only see the 60's in RI, even when I go to sunday cruises. I should have the car back by the end of this week or next week, the one year wait is KILLING me! I don't know how people go longer restoring their cars.

When if first came home, 3yrs ago

Mustang_2__1400774050_43690.jpg

Car waxed, before the shop

Mustang_Waxed_1__1400773220_52117.jpg

In shop painted

Painted_Shop__1400773849_62420.jpg

Hello and welcome in this super site :)

What is the original body paint colour? Looks like my Grandé...

I am pretty sure its was a medium copper (5M?) The body shop couldn't match the color exactly so they gave me color plates to choose from. The plates were small and I had a hard time matching the color with no sun in the middle of winter. I am hoping once I wax it and it's in the sun it will look like a deeper color as it was before.

Welcone to the site from Virginia. And a fellow 73 hardtop owner. These cars definitely aren't the most popular but its that reason I'm drawn to it even more.

Car looks great.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk

Welcome from NC. By the way, any idea what the metal might be like under the vinyl top? Great looking color!

Good question, I believe it would be factory paint covered in glue. There are only three or four small rust spots (bubbles under vinyl) so the metal is pretty solid. I actually plan on taking off the vinyl sometime down the road, cutting/weld the rust spots and paint the whole car so everything matches. Im sure vinyl tops are bad bc of trapped moisture.

Welcome to the Club Elizabeth I'm in Rhode Island also.

you found a great place for any questions about your Mustang, there a great bunch of people here.

where in Rhode Island are you? I'm in Johnston, just out side of Providence.

there is a huge Memorial day car show at the Johnston Memorial park this Monday 250+ cars usually show up, you should stop by.

its Hosted by cruisin Bruce

check his calendar cruisinbruce.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone!

I would love to go but I work on mondays and I don't even have my car as it is still in the shop. I expect to get it back sometime next week. Its been in the shop for almost a year. I hardly remember what it feels like to drive it :\

Hello everyone, my name is Elizabeth and I am from Rhode Island. Im in college studying Criminal Justice and have my 73' coupe waiting for a full restoration one day in hopes it'll be (original) show-car quality. Its a 302 2bbl V8.

The car has been in the shop for almost a year now because of a teenager rear-ending it (and driving away). The shop did complete body work not only in the back, but also the front. A full paint job was in place even though the original paint was in great shape. I got some new rims that the shop will be putting on, the hub caps were dangerous since they kept popping off.

I can't wait to meet people with these cars since I only see the 60's in RI, even when I go to sunday cruises. I should have the car back by the end of this week or next week, the one year wait is KILLING me! I don't know how people go longer restoring their cars.

When if first came home, 3yrs ago

Mustang_2__1400774050_43690.jpg

Car waxed, before the shop

Mustang_Waxed_1__1400773220_52117.jpg

In shop painted

Painted_Shop__1400773849_62420.jpg
Welcome from Latrobe PA like the color~good luck in an expeditious resto-mine took 10 years and could not get it original so had it restomodded re: 300 pic photo album and March COTM next year

Thanks everyone!

I would love to go but I work on mondays and I don't even have my car as it is still in the shop. I expect to get it back sometime next week. Its been in the shop for almost a year. I hardly remember what it feels like to drive it :\

when you get the car back, let us know.

there are many car shows and cruise's around the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back