Hello to everyone from Arizona!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanna be in AZ cos it's hot and the UK - especially now, is way less than hot ... and I bet you have all the hot cars and chicks.

Welcome anyway ...from miserable UK.
Thanks! Not too hot right now. 70-75F for the next few weeks to a month. Perfect out, really. But yes, it will definitely get hot. And, the women definitely dress with less the hotter it gets. We don't have all the hot cars, but the Barrett Jackson Scottsdale every January sure is a blast. If you ever get the chance to come check it out, you should.

I too have a car with all the history and Marti tells me it's a 1 of 6, so yes it's cool to know it was a low production car albeit slightly manipulated to suit.

I'm sure you'll totally enjoy the car in Arizona. Have fun and be safe.
It definitely makes them feel a bit more special, right? 

The funny thing is that my 1 of 4 , (3 being sold outside the country) is the TuTone hood paint which was an $18 option per the window sticker. Realistically, a lot of cars got these. Sure, many did not. But it seems like EVERYONE adds it when the car is repainted. So is it special?? Maybe. But in reality, not so much. LOL. But at least it's on the original window sticker. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome from Ohio.  Very nice! Hope you get years of enjoyment driving it.
Thanks! I was born in Washington Court House, Ohio. Not too far from you. Still have a lot of family back there. GO BUCKS!!
Glad to see another Buckeye on here. My son in law parents moved out to Surprise Az awhile back.  I was a 63C in the army many many moons ago! Go to the tab at the top of the page that says Fun Stuff and go to Members Award.  There you can apply for a badge for being in the military.

I too have a car with all the history and Marti tells me it's a 1 of 6, so yes it's cool to know it was a low production car albeit slightly manipulated to suit.

The funny thing is that my 1 of 4 , (3 being sold outside the country) is the TuTone hood paint which was an $18 option per the window sticker. Realistically, a lot of cars got these. Sure, many did not. But it seems like EVERYONE adds it when the car is repainted. So is it special?? Maybe. But in reality, not so much. LOL. But at least it's on the original window sticker. 
…. and that's a plus!! All in all, the Marti report is well worth having, even if it's slightly manipulated.

For sure you are going to have fun on this Forum. We're serious about our cars, but hopefully not to serious about a little ribbing from time to time, lol.

Welcome from Ohio.  Very nice! Hope you get years of enjoyment driving it.
Thanks! I was born in Washington Court House, Ohio. Not too far from you. Still have a lot of family back there. GO BUCKS!!
Glad to see another Buckeye on here. My son in law parents moved out to Surprise Az awhile back.  I was a 63C in the army many many moons ago! Go to the tab at the top of the page that says Fun Stuff and go to Members Award.  There you can apply for a badge for being in the military.
Oh yeah. Big Buckeye fan. 10's of thousands of Buckeye fans out here too. We fill the stadium every time they come for a Fiesta Bowl. But the Buckeyes travel well everywhere. Just wish they played better when they come here. I went back for the ichigan game in 2016. The 2OT game where Harbaugh went nuts after JT's first down. :shootself: :D  Surprise is about 15 minutes from where I am. Not far at all. I got the Army badge yesterday. : ) I was a 63B.

…. and that's a plus!! All in all, the Marti report is well worth having, even if it's slightly manipulated.

For sure you are going to have fun on this Forum. We're serious about our cars, but hopefully not to serious about a little ribbing from time to time, lol.

Sounds like a perfect fit to me!  ::thumb::

Welcome to the Forum from North Carolina. What part of Tenn will you be going to? I am in Western N.C. depending on how you travel you might be close.

One thing you need to do before your trip. Since the car has fold down rear seat it should have a space saver spare. It will be so old not safe to run. You should get the current owner to find you a steel wheel and get a regular tire to carry for a spare. 

The previous owner has changed quite a few items on the car that you will find out in the future.

I am an original owner of a 73 Mach 1. 

Don't know when you are coming to get but there is a big Mustang show in Sevierville, TN in March 25 - 28 Should be over 1,000 there. 

Agreed on the spare tire.

Wish I could hang for the show, but it's the wrong direction and I can't stay out there all week.

"The previous owner has changed quite a few items on the car that you will find out in the future."

Please enlighten me. : )

Howdy, and welcome from Seattle. Nice looking Mustang!

Scott

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks! Somehow your user name reminds me of this meme.  ;)

Haha!  lollerz Yeah it definitely counts if you're driving... This was the name of an old beer league softball team I played on years ago. At least with softball, we didn't think it mattered how many times we went to the well.

Agreed on the spare tire.

Wish I could hang for the show, but it's the wrong direction and I can't stay out there all week.

"The previous owner has changed quite a few items on the car that you will find out in the future."

Please enlighten me. : )
Nice looking car! You should be happy with it especially with the amount of driving time there is in AZ.

If you near the Tucson area, there is an MCA national show there Mar 26 - 29. Stop in and you will most likely see a lot of nice Mustangs!

Sooooooo. After a couple weeks, here's the update. It turns out that this is member FastE's old car that he owned for 42 years. He sold it in 2016 to a collector in TN. The seller gave me Eddie's contact info, and Eddie was kind enough to respond. In fact he invited me to his home in Texas. It was a bit out of route, but how could I turn that down??? I met Eddie, and his wife Terry. They got to see the car again that Eddie bought new, went on his first date with Terry in, they got married in, taught their kids and grandson how to drive, etc.

I got to learn a lot more about the history of the car, and Eddie also gave me the original build sheet and a bunch of other old documents that came with the car. It was a very enjoyable trip, and Eddie and Terry are just outstanding folks!!

Here's a photo of me and FastE at his home in TX on the way back to AZ. 

Here's the REAL DEAL history of the car from Eddie himself from an old post of his from 2011.

I bought my car in September of 1973.It was a demo I bought from Horn Williams Ford in Dallas Texas. I was 19 years old and in the U.S.Navy at the time stationed on a Destroyer out of Tampa Florida. While on board ship I was reading about the new Mustang for 74 and decided I had to buy a new one while I could. I took some leave and flew home to Dallas to look for a new one. Drove all over Dallas looking and all of the new ones were gone. I found one brand new one that was sitting on a dealers lot that was a Gold glow, standard interior 302, C4 car. I had seen my car a couple of times during the night, but never stopped to look at it because it was setting near the used section of the dealer ship.

I made a verbal deal on the Gold car and was going to go get the money for the down payment and thought I would stop by Horn Williams one more time to see if they had any more coming.

I talked to a salesman that told me they had sold the last 73 Mustang they were going to get ( a white one that was on the back lot). He told me that he did have a demo that had been around the dealer for a few months and pointed to the red one. Well I thought I would look at it just for grins. I walked over to it and the first thing that I noticed was the dual exhaust tips which told me it was a 351 4V. I saw the spoiler, and then I saw the white deluxe interior and was sold! After seeing the 302 Gold Mach, I was blown away by this one.

The salesman said they were asking 4,200.00 for the car. The sticker was just over 4,800.00. I told him I would have to have my dad look at the car, because he would have to co-sign for me. The salesman got the keys and asked me to take it to my dad and let him drive it. I got in it and fired it up and he asked me if I was going to hot rod it and I told him "no sir"! First red light I stepped down into it and those Firestone Wide Ovals just started squealing and when it went to second gear they barked again! I was in love!

I brought my dad back with me and we did some dealing. I got the car for 3,925.00 +TTL because we were members of the Ford Drag Club there and had been there since 1969.

Well when I picked the car up, I drove it home and installed my Cragar S/S wheels and tires from my Cougar on it.( I was 19 and had two cars now the Mach and my 428 Cougar).

So I drove this car daily, street raced and drag raced, car showed, this Mach 1. My wife and I got married in it. Both of my son's drove it in High school. I have had a 466 in it, and now am back with my 351.

It is a great car and is still a blast to drive! I get a thrill every time I get in it and drive.

The current set up is a .030 over 351C 4bolt main, TRW forged flattop pistons. Balanced stock rods and crank. A Competition Cams 270 Magnum cam, lifters, spring retainers, locks, pushrods. A double roller timing chain. The heads are "closed chamber" 4V's, with no porting. They are set up with Manley guide plates screw in studs, Stainless one piece valves, and Crane gold roller rockers. The intake is an Offenhouser 360 dual plane, a Holley 770 vacuum secondary street avenger is the carburetor. I run a vacuum advance Mallory Unilit distributor with Mallory wires, Mallory coil. The water pump is an Edelbrock aluminum. The headers are Hookers running through Flow master two chamber mufflers.

The trans is the stock C6 with a B&M valve body kit, a B&M deep pan and pick up, and an "R" code servo. I am using the stock 10" Cobra Jet torque convertor.

The rear is a 9" 28 spline 3:50 limited slip, or a 4:22 limited slip, depends on what I am wanting to do. I have Cal Trac traction bars and the car is sub framed with Competition Engineering connecters.

Wheels and tires are 15x7 Magnum 500's with P245x60x15 Radial T/A's. I run Weld Pro stars on the track. Fronts are 15x3 with M/T 27" tall front runners. The rears are 15x8 with M/T 29x9x15 slicks.

The best the car has ever gone on the track is a 12.84 at 112 mph in the 1/4 mile. There is alot more in this car (tuning) that I feel I am right on the edge of finding, may take a cam change.

The interior has been restored back to the way it was when I bought the car. I do run an aftermarket tach just for peace of mind, all though the factory tach has always been very accurate.

Back