HELP ID 351 CLEVELAND 4V MOTOR

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Machman

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
I recently had to go through some stuff I have in storage and forgot about an engine I had bought years ago. I never had time to ID it and can't really take pics yet as it is almost impossible to get to but I can post some info I wrote down before putting it into storage

It supposedly came out of a 1971

Engine is a 351 Cleveland type w/ 4V valves as 4 is cast on top & It looks like 4 bolt end

I saw the following on engine block # D2AE-CA

One of the 2 Exhaust Manifolds had the following # DUAE-94306

water pump # 30818-1

Thats all I jotted down at the time is there anything else on the surface I can look for w/o dissassembling to help ID it?

Check out that exhaust manifold closer. Part number should be XXXX-1111-XX with X = alphabetical and 1 = numerical.

Ray
Ray all Ford P/N's are X1XX-1111-X

Second spot is for year not letter

He says "Exhaust Manifolds had the following # DUAE-94306"

Is going to be part number D0AE-9430-G = 70 - 74 351C 4 V exhaust manifold

To the original poster

From the clues you give

D2 casting

4 on heads

9030 - G ex manifold

I would say you have a 72 or 73 351 4 V / 351 CJ engine

If you pull off the oil pan and it has 4 bolt mains - it is a CJ motor

Don

if you pull a valve cover and it had pushrod guides and adjustable rocker arms it is an HO motor or has been upgraded. With the valve covers off you can get the build dates for the heads and get a good guess as to whether they are open or closed chamber heads.

Check out that exhaust manifold closer. Part number should be XXXX-1111-XX with X = alphabetical and 1 = numerical.

Ray
Ray all Ford P/N's are X1XX-1111-X

Second spot is for year not letter

He says "Exhaust Manifolds had the following # DUAE-94306"

Is going to be part number D0AE-9430-G = 70 - 74 351C 4 V exhaust manifold

To the original poster

From the clues you give

D2 casting

4 on heads

9030 - G ex manifold

I would say you have a 72 or 73 351 4 V / 351 CJ engine

If you pull off the oil pan and it has 4 bolt mains - it is a CJ motor

Don
Correct Don - I knew that. Thanks for the catch - I was posting in a BIG hurry. (Never a good idea!)

Thanks again.

Ray

Thanks guys for all the info, when I have a little free time to I will try to take a valve cover off to get a number off one of the heads.

Back