Help with a Grant steering wheel & lock

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Coupe (new to me) and just getting started with it.
I just bought and received a Slightly Used Grant 414 Challenger steering wheel with Install kit #3249 as well as what looks like have of a removable steering wheel lock.

and thats the issue. I have installed the Grant Security Kit on Toyota 4runners and other japanese cars, and it does not look anything like this.

Can anyone shed some light on who makes this adapter so I can order the needed parts.

So far the guy on EBay has not been much help, he could only tell me i came off his 73 Mustang Mach1. So I assume he kept the steering column lock part.

CaptJackD

The install ki is already intalled on the wheel and is not visible due to the plate in the first picture.

WheelFront2.jpgHere is a pic of the front of the wheel with the install kit in place.

I just bought and received a Slightly Used Grant 414 Challenger steering wheel with Install kit #3249 as well as what looks like have of a removable steering wheel lock.

and thats the issue. I have installed the Grant Security Kit on Toyota 4runners and other japanese cars, and it does not look anything like this.

Can anyone shed some light on who makes this adapter so I can order the needed parts.

So far the guy on EBay has not been much help, he could only tell me i came off his 73 Mustang Mach1. So I assume he kept the steering column lock part.

CaptJackD

The install ki is already intalled on the wheel and is not visible due to the plate in the first picture.
GrantChallenger414.gif

BackofWheel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well since no one here has seen this. I will send the picture to Grant wheels. I guess in the end I can take the wheel apart and use it as it was intended from GRANT without the lock.

Yep. I understand. So after much internet search I found most of my answer. "K.A.R. the mustang people" sell the kit install kit on some of their mustang steering wheels. So I'm hoping even though I didn't buy mine through them, hopefully they send me the install instructions or at least point me to a thread. After I get it installed I'll take a picture of it installed and a little write up on how the install went.

Thanks.

The guy at KAR was very helpfull when I first started my project before I found this forum. Didn't hesitate to point me to a a fellow in Florida that had what I was looking for used. Kinda reminds of Don at OMS. I wouldn't be surprised if you get what your looking for.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to know how it turns out. I'm considering the same for my '73 and '68.

Back