Hey!! Looks like a awesome forum

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibson_Junk

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe 351C
1969 Mustang Coupe EMPTY
Came across this forum buy searching for parts for my project. Anyways I am a US Marine out in California and bought a 72 Mustang that had originally 302 v2 but the previous owner had a 351C v2 Put in to it. Needs plenty of work. Hoping to finish it in 2 years or so since I only get weekends to really do work on it. Biggest thing I need is a roof.

Hope to find good help on this forum

Pictures of my baby and here sores Haha

28sndyp.jpg

Sanded down some to see

343j86o.jpg

Oh and heres one more. Even more brutal underneath the bondo and fiberglass is a whole about the size of a football

33vyzdi.jpg

My baby truck and my new toy Hopefully she can be red with black race strips

adn901.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll find plenty of help on here, as well as lots of people always selling things. I'm surprised the roof is rusted like that, being a California car. Welcome to the forum, good luck with the project and thanks for your service.

Yea Its been in California for at least 25 Years as that's when the title was first transferred and the previous owner bought it in Cali as well. A bit surprising. Oh well.

Welcome to the site and Semper Fi. ::welcome::

1st Bttn 2nd Marines Weapons Co. 1981-1984. I built a VW while on base in LeJeune, hope they have on on base body shop that you can use in Pendleton or wherever your stationed.

Thank you for serving our nation and welcome from west Michigan. It looks like you've got quite a project!

Not trying to be a downer, check the remaining body out, you may be farther ahead to pick up a solid shell and transferring parts from yours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, need two small sections of the floor pans front left passenger and rear right driver replaced but other then that she is solid. Underbody is solid and fenders and quarters are good. Just needs a good sanding and painting. Plenty of work but I can't find a solid body anywhere near by put here. Closest is Arizona but they want outrageous amounts of money

::welcome:: From San Diego. What part of California are you in?

One of are members may have a roof. Marc (mbeauchamp) bought this 73 coupe off me and cut the roof off it to install a convertible mech from his rusty 73 convertible. Look up the post (coupe to convertible). The car was a rust free Riverside CA. car. Hopefully he still has it.

Mike.

parts car doors 011.jpg

::welcome:: from Chesapeake, VA Good Luck with the project!

Welcome from Washington State, glad to have you and thanks for serving.

Having a hard time getting my head around what would have caused that much rust on the roof ...the rest of the body still appears to be intact?

Jim

Welcome from W. Tennesse. Looks like a vinyl top got to it. If you ever see bubbles under a vinyl top plan for the worst like this. I had a 72 Datsun Z I bought and sold MANY years ago that had a couple of small bubbles on the leading edge under the partial vinyl roof. When I peeled it back almost the entire top frame above the windshield was crust. I found a wrecked car and grafted the A-pillar back to the quarter sail panels. Vinyl can dress up a roof for some people, for me it just means trouble when it comes to rust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back