Holley Throttle?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodsnake

Reaction score
My Car
1967,68, and 69 Cougar,
and of course the 71 I am trying to sell!

http://s819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/woodsnake4462838/
OK...So, I have the engine and trans securely mounted in the car. Headers were an easy bolt up, as was the intake and carb..However, The stock 2V accelerator cable from the firewall sits at a bad angle, for the Holley 4V.

So, what am I missing here? Is there a particular bracket that I need, or am I missing a stock piece?

Also, a couple of pics out from storage, and getting closer to making a noise!

Must....Not....Get.....Attached!

1971 mustang 039.jpg

1971 mustang 033.jpg

1971 mustang 035.jpg

Interesting post, as I am going through this same headache only with an Edelbrock 1406. My problem was because I have an automatic with a kickdown lever and this repositioned my throttle connection on the carb out so far that the angle looked terribly wrong. I decided to spend $150 and buy the kit at the link below. It is a Lokar kickdown cable conversion and throttle cable with bracket that simplify the whole process. If you have a manual transmission, you can buy the throttle cable and bracket by themselves. It looks a lot nicer as well, and really cleans up that whole area, I cant wait to install it and get my Mustang running after sitting for nearly 10 years. Hope this helps! Good luck!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CMB-03-0044/KitComboContents/

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine mounts on the intake manifold.

'71 351C 4V with Holley and stock intake.

In your first picture there appears to be a

bolt hole in your intake near the center of

the picture.

mike

HPIM3195.JPG

If i remeber right i had to cut my bracket and run just one bolt in it to get it to work right. had hell of a time getting it to line up nice and straight. Believe i bent the bracket a little too. been like that for 8 years i have owned the car and still works fine.

Goodnigh, it looks like your cable just does not get a straight pull, is that right? I can bolt down the bracket to the intake, I just thought it should have a straight pull all the way through.If it will work OK the way you have it, I'll just do that..

Goodnigh, it looks like your cable just does not get a straight pull, is that right? I can bolt down the bracket to the intake, I just thought it should have a straight pull all the way through.If it will work OK the way you have it, I'll just do that..
Just so the white part lines up with the carb's linkage, and it is

somewhat adjustable. The only part not always included with

the carb is the ball joint where the cable and carb meet. The black

section in the picture is a flexible cable. The engine has had a

Rochester, Carter-Thompson and three Holley carbs mounted

with no accelerator cable issues.

mike

Thanks for the link, but I am trying to sell the car, I don't want to put anymore money in it than I have too...Isn't there a less expensive solution to this some how?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Throttle-Cable-Bracket-for-Holley-Carburetor-Carb-Blue-/310444849294?forcev4exp=true&forceRpt=true
I looked into getting one of these, just won't work with am automatic, but if you have a manual, this may be the cheapest route other than bending up your bracket.

I will try the "stick with what I got" for now. The car is on hold until hopefully Tomorrow, when I get the wiring diagram. Car should tray had start by Tuesday night, and then on the trailer to the swap meet Thursday.
You do know wiring diagrams are up top under the DATA or MORE tabs, cant remember right now which

"I will try the "stick with what I got" for now. The car is on hold until hopefully Tomorrow, when I get the wiring diagram. Car should TRY AND start by Tuesday night, and then on the trailer to the swap meet Thursday."

I was able to make the stock cable work. My concern was the not straight pull on the cable, but it seems to be fine.

I wanted the plastic coated copy, to have on the car....They are VERY handy when your hands are dirty!

the picture.

mike
I'm using this same bracket. I made a mounting plate to get into a position for a straight pull. Its mounted on the back of my intake.Bracket 001.JPG

Bracket 002.JPG

the picture.

mike
I'm using this same bracket. I made a mounting plate to get into a position for a straight pull. Its mounted on the back of my intake.
Well done and great pics. You only need a straight pull from the

bracket to the carb.

mike

Back