hood springes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had the regular round springs on my car since I've owned it (1979) Never had a problem with the hood closing.. not being supported.(Naca hood) Imho if the hood won't stay open then your springs are shot played out. I'm installing a set of these & calling it a day !:D

http://stang-aholics.com/ShowItem/110165%2071%20-%2073%20Mustang%20Billet%20Hood%20Hinges.aspx
Those are really nice. Where did you order them from???
Yes they are ! The link in the post has them the cheapest I think ?

I was just thinking today about how to change the spring to gas shocks. Those are sweet!
I think you could do that mod..But you can't use the stock hinge spring location..The throw or direction of travel is opposite of what you would need for a gas shock..the stock spring extends as the hood is closed. I'm thinking you have to weld 2 attachment points for the gas shock links in the same location as the ones in the pic..fabricate an extension arm on the front lever..Hey where there's a will..there's a way !:p

Last edited by a moderator:
I just traded out alot of parts to Mike Motor City Mustang. He has an ebay store on here. In the mix of parts were 2 flat springs along with the hinges.

I was just thinking today about how to change the spring to gas shocks. Those are sweet!
I think you could do that mod..But you can't use the stock hinge spring location..The throw or direction of travel is opposite of what you would need for a gas shock..the stock spring extends as the hood is closed. I'm thinking you have to weld 2 attachment points for the gas shock links in the same location as the ones in the pic..fabricate an extension arm on the front lever..Hey where there's a will..there's a way !:p

I was thinking about something like this.

1dglj.jpg

Latest posts

Back