hoodlining rods

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaheenk

Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Grande Coupe
Thanks everyone for all the help along the way , i need some information on hoodlining rods, mine arrived from Mike (thanks) , but the rods themselves appear to have had all the markings and color removed from them. They are flat silver in color. Any idea on how to identify them without the color coding.

This is for a 73 coupe.

Thanks everyone for all the help along the way , i need some information on hoodlining rods, mine arrived from Mike (thanks) , but the rods themselves appear to have had all the markings and color removed from them. They are flat silver in color. Any idea on how to identify them without the color coding.

This is for a 73 coupe.
I am lost what is a hoodlining rod?? Is it headliner for interior?

David

Same one , hoodlining , headlining
Another one of those British terms I guess like a panel beater or bonnet?

I cannot help but since maybe they know it is the interior headliner they will give you some answers.

I am trying to get it arranged to head your way to SA in May. Will have to look you up. I go to an area about 20 K past Uintenhage and near Addo. Where are you located?

David

Hi Dave

i am very far from your location but you are welcome to visit if you get up to Johannesburg.

Shaheen

Hi Dave

i am very far from your location but you are welcome to visit if you get up to Johannesburg.

Shaheen
Hi,

I do fly into Joburg. and overnight at the Afton Guest house. With all the paperwork on the guns and there can be 50 hunters sometimes I always do an overnight there.

I tried to get them to take me into Joburg. and they said no way they had been hijacked twice in town and they did not go there, lol.

Is the water shortage as bad there as in Cape Town? I hear they are cutting all water off on a Zero date and you have to go get your rations at fill stations in town.

David

Hi Dave

Shaheen
Hi,

I do fly into Joburg. and overnight at the Afton Guest house. With all the paperwork on the guns and there can be 50 hunters sometimes I always do an overnight there.

I tried to get them to take me into Joburg. and they said no way they had been hijacked twice in town and they did not go there, lol.

Is the water shortage as bad there as in Cape Town? I hear they are cutting all water off on a Zero date and you have to go get your rations at fill stations in town.

David

Jhb city is not that bad, i guess if you know where to go and what to see you will be ok. Yes the cape town situation s quite dire at the moment , day zero has now been moved to July , they have been getting some good rains so hopefully by then the dams should fill up. 

I might hit you up for some parts if I dont come right by then, I am in NYC in April and hoping to have my motor in the car by May which is very optomistic.

Hi Shaheenk

Never been to SA but work next to one of your countrymen, many refugees of all races over my way

Anyway to answer your question on hoodlining rods the front one is shortest and the last one is longest so just measure them

And don't forget the 2 little wires on the last one that hook onto the rear window frame

Back