How many of you have multiple sets of rims for multiple cars?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigPinoyHunk

get your mind out of the gutter, you know i meant "tire rack". both my mustang and the wife's have 2 set of wheels for our cars and i have a extra set of street tires that need to go soon. they take up so much space in the shed that i needed to make a rack for them and off the floor. i worked on this with my neighbor for about 1.5 hours on two nights and its up and holding some heavy ass 20 inch wheels with my light bias ply race tires/wheels.

i got a cain linking thru all the rims just for the out of this board earth quake and the tire somehow want to hop out but they can't now. i also locked them just in case i leave my garage open unattended and nobody can just take them. it'll take someone pretty ballsy to get in there and do what they need to do to get past all of it and my car and move around and etc etc etc.

well heres the pics.

IMG_0902.JPG

IMG_0903.JPG

IMG_0904.JPG

Last edited:
Man I need to do that in my shop.I have two sets of slicks,front runners etc...just parked on the floor. I have been thinking of building a rack. I will have to now. Good Idea!
this tire rack was long needed a while ago!!!! even 4 wheels on the floor takes up alot of space.

Rack? Me don't need no steeenking rack. Me mount 'em all on one car:

7up07-10-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 3+ sets of '68-69 GT wheels (no tires) under my work bench, and 2 sets of std steel wheels in a shed. None have tires, so I think the space is about equal, although I like the rack idea, because it looks clean and professional. Good work!

Steve

hey xoliex

If my eyes don't deceive me, you got some modern Mag 500's up there. What brand/size are they?

they are a stagger set with 20x8.5's & 20x10's for a 05-10 mustangs. they also make them for 94-04 mustangs. they can make the 18x10's with a 6.8 bs fit in our cars with a small .5 inch spacer in the rear. in the front i believe you have to use a 1 inch spacer or so on a 18.

i bought them from www.americanmuscle.com

Back