I need twist-style hood lock pins.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Convertible, 351 4v CJ, C6, Mach 1 Decor options, power: steering, brakes and windows, a/c, Rally Pac gauges, Deluxe interior.
[url=https://ibb.co/ZVjjKXW][img]https://i.ibb.co/zrMMbxG/s-l1600-2.jpg[/img][/url]
Throwing this out there as “a sorta random thing you might just come across”:  car came with twist style hood locks, and the “twist” parts are missing.

I’m hoping I don’t have to replace the entire mechanism.

Well, alright then. Ohio Mustang Supply had a new pair on eBay for a good price, about half of normal for new. One more checked off the list!

When my aunt decided to get rid of her '69 Grande (purchased new in the fall of '68), the first Mustang I loved, she said at 100k miles it was "100-dollaring her to death". Adjusting for inflation... I feel her pain - ha ha!

Mine was in the same condition when I got it - just the pins and springs were missing... everything else was there, including the caps which were all pitted and whatnot.  I wound up just getting a new set from OMS as well.

I got to where I'd always check in with OMS first - Don's got the good stuff. ::thumb::

Mine was in the same condition when I got it - just the pins and springs were missing... everything else was there, including the caps which were all pitted and whatnot.  I wound up just getting a new set from OMS as well.

I got to where I'd always check in with OMS first - Don's got the good stuff. ::thumb::
PLUS 1    :D :D :D

You can always have older ones re-chromed if you find a deal on used ones.

My guy charged $30 for each chrome button.

You can always have older ones re-chromed if you find a deal on used ones.

My guy  charged $30 for each chrome button.
That's a big and important "if".  I got tired of waiting.

Back