I said it last year. Will Winter ever end?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in eastern PA and we also had a few nights around 32 degrees.  And the damn wind is relentless during the day.  Chicago the windy city, I think not.  However it's supposed to be 80 near the end of the week, so we're getting there.  Soon it will be 92 with high humidity and no one will want to leave the AC.  There doesn't seem to be much of a spring for the past number of years.  Chilly right into hot and humid.
Same here, cold to hot. There seems to be no "seasons" anymore. It also seems like winter starts later and ends later, but summer seem to get shorter, or is that just because we don't want summer to end and curtail our already too short Mustang Driving season (in the North).

Ya, it’s really been crappy. Looking forward to tomorrow, supposed to be 60 and sunny! But our average right now is 68 I think. Anyway, looks like it’s finally going to warm up and like donkost says it will go right to summer. Not really much of a spring here either.

Well folks, I think I can say with CERTAINTY, winter has ended..... finally. Two weeks ago here in SW Ontario, it was 34 f and an inch of snow. Today it's a tad warmer, 88 f and wall to wall sun shine. We go from winter to summer it seems these days, no spring, but I'll take it, more Mustang driving time.

Ya, it’s really been crappy. Looking forward to tomorrow, supposed to be 60 and sunny! But our average right now is 68 I think. Anyway, looks like it’s finally going to warm up and like donkost says it will go right to summer. Not really much of a spring here either.
We only have 3 seasons here: Winter, Mud and Mosquito.

Mike

Heck I should have planted rice. We had over a foot of rain in two days last week. I cannot finish planting garden just mud. Seems like we are 25" ahead on rain this year. I am eating lots of green onions, greens and will have broccoli and cauliflower later this week. Corn is probably a foot tall what the darn voles didn't eat before I killed them out.

Heck I should have planted rice. We had over a foot of rain in two days last week. I cannot finish planting garden just mud. Seems like we are 25" ahead on rain this year. I am eating lots of green onions, greens and will have broccoli and cauliflower later this week. Corn is probably a foot tall what the darn voles didn't eat before I killed them out.
You are welcome to keep all that rain down there. Here, the Great Lakes are all but overflowing. When the wife and I went for a drive on Sunday to a village on lake St Clair, the water looked to be about 6" higher than just a couple of weeks ago when we went. It was now overflowing onto the street and parking area. I did not have a camera this time to show the comparison. 

Next week will return to "normal" temps around 70. As long as the sun is out, I'm good with that as I'm rebuilding our pool deck. Todays 88 was just a bit too toasty to get much work done.

Lake St Clair at Mitchell's Bay, Ont. In front of the grass, used to be the beach area, but no more.

Back