I said it last year. Will Winter ever end?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had 3" or 4" in NE Kansas but very wet snow. It registered 3/4" of rain. Roads were warm enough that all highways were clear by 6:00 AM.

At 10:00 last night when i went to bed it was sleeting a lot and it was the size of BB's.

We had 3" or 4" in NE Kansas but very wet snow. It registered 3/4" of rain. Roads were warm enough that all highways were clear by 6:00 AM.

At 10:00 last night when i went to bed it was sleeting a lot and it was the size of BB's.
It's coming our way, supposed to here around noon. 

I've had enough already!

Well it snowed a bit, but has stopped now. We got lucky, barely measurable. Now it can F off and get warm!

EDIT: Spoke too soon, now there are huge fluffy snowflakes coming down. Looks lovely but......

Last edited by a moderator:
Summer is never gonna get here!!! Snowing in May!!

Nice deck.

Yeah, I noticed that too. I am looking to replace my builder installed treated wood deck with this Trex type product. Fluffy stuff blowing in Niagara Falls too...

Thanks guys.  I built it about 2 years ago.  24’x20’ covered roof. We like it a lot. In summer we eat out there several days a week and do a lot of smoking/grilling on my traeger.  We poured a nice stamped sidewalk around back to it also. 

The stone wall facing the deck is a nice touch. And with the roof over the deck you can actually have nice outdoor furniture with cushions, rugs, etc. Not things we see often in PA. My in laws live outside of San Diego and of course they can use outdoor furniture without a roof pretty much year-round. But thing that blew my mind in San Diego is that one night while we were there they left open their patio door because we were going in and out of the house while grilling outside. The lights were on inside the house and not a single flying insect went inside. In PA if I left open a door in summer with lights on inside the house, it would be easier to sell the house than to kill all of the flying insects inside. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The stone wall facing the deck is a nice touch.  And with the roof over the deck you can actually have nice outdoor furniture with cushions, rugs, etc.  Not things we see often in PA.  My in laws live outside of San Diego and of course they can use outdoor furniture without a roof pretty much year-round.  But thing that blew my mind in San Diego is that one night while we were there they left open their patio door because we were going in and out of the house while grilling outside.  The lights were on inside the house and not a single flying insect went inside.  In PA if I left open a door in summer with lights on inside the house, it would be easier to sell the house than to kill all of the flying insects inside.  ;)
Thanks, We really like the stone, but man is it labor intensive to install.  I had several weeks in laying all the stone. 

We gotta make sure the patio doors get closed after dark or there are a TON of bugs all through the house in the summer!!  One of the reasons i try to do all my auto painting in the winter. Just too many damn bugs out in the summer, especially after dark.

As this is about "Will winter ever end" I thought I'd keep it going with MORE pictures of SNOW!!

Today is MAY 11th 2020. I've lived in SW Ontario for 47 years and I can't ever remember snow this late. Frost yes, snow, no. But then my memory isn't what it was either.

Enjoy this all you lucky sob's in the Sunny South!!

(nice deck and surroundings Turtle)

I'm in eastern PA and we also had a few nights around 32 degrees. And the damn wind is relentless during the day. Chicago the windy city, I think not. However it's supposed to be 80 near the end of the week, so we're getting there. Soon it will be 92 with high humidity and no one will want to leave the AC. There doesn't seem to be much of a spring for the past number of years. Chilly right into hot and humid.

Back