I think this is a scam See this post: https://7173mustangs.com/threads/here-we-go-again-i-doubt-anyone-here-would-be-as-dumb-as-i-was-to-fall-for-th

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where there’s smoke… a real owner would have responded to your messages and the VIN is a requirement for today’s savvy buyer.

It's no longer taboo to provide VIN and vehicle info like we feared it was in the ‘80s and ‘90s. Hopefully your post helps a lesser experienced buyer.

Actually Tim may have some insight to this car, he’s in Georgetown.

Where there’s smoke… a real owner would have responded to your messages and the VIN is a requirement for today’s savvy buyer.

It's no longer taboo to provide VIN and vehicle info like we feared it was in the ‘80s and ‘90s. Hopefully your post helps a lesser experienced buyer.

Actually Tim may have some insight to this car, he’s in Georgetown.
Maybe Tim can go see it in person IF the seller responds.

Yes, it's so easy to get pulled into something like this. I keep thinking, maybe the seller is some old lady whose husband passed, or maybe it's a woman who got the car in a divorce settlement. Maybe it's a chance to get a $50K car at a bargain. I can't find my old post when I was scammed but the outfit that did it was very sophisticated. At some point the winner of the auction will be contacted by someone who will have something to say about the car and will ask that the funds be wired. In the case of the red 429CJ Mach I that got me, the "seller" answered all my questions and provided enough proof to make me wire him the funds. The second I wired the money there was no way to get it back and the seller was long gone. The area code of the person I was talking to was located in the same city as where the car was supposedly located. I'm certain I was actually speaking with someone in a foreign country. He did have an accent, kind of like a Russian accent.

If in doubt always start with a google image search. You can get much sneakier if they actually text you pics too.

After reading all the above it sounds fishy. But I do want to mention something: my son is interested in a car he saw online that has been posted for several weeks. My son messaged the seller and could see that the seller had read the messages, but no response. My son finally sent another message calling the seller out—“hey, I can SEE that you read my messages…do you want to sell this car or not?” The seller finally responded that he really didn’t want to sell it. LOL.

Back