installing a toploader in place of an auto

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooter_1967

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Fastback, that's in a lot of pcs that I just bought today
body work is done, over the last 22 years the guy accumulated 3 of everything, car sat inside heated garage and motor and trans are pulled
hey guys, I am trying to install a toploader in my 1973 which was an auto car. Has anyone here done this and have a step by step guide

It looks to me that I have to drill out the frame so I can mount the bracket that supports the z bracket, is this correct

thanks

scott

hey guys, I am trying to install a toploader in my 1973 which was an auto car. Has anyone here done this and have a step by step guide

It looks to me that I have to drill out the frame so I can mount the bracket that supports the z bracket, is this correct

thanks

scott
All parts bolt in. The mounting holes for the z bar bracket are already in the frame and threaded

thanks

scott
If shop was up I would take pictures of both and send but no way for at least 5 weeks. Taking forever.

I did it to mine and it is a total bolt in swap.

The z bar mounts on the frame side have the weld nuts already installed from the factory.

If you are going to do the swap I have a spare pedal box with the clutch pedal installed, and a used Z-bar and through firewall rod I will sell.

kcmash

Latest posts

Back