interior console

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Coupe 1979 F150 supercab4x4 19778 jeep wagoneer
We are new to this site as well as being new to restoring mustangs. My 18 year old son and I are finished the body work on his 1972 302 coupe. The car was basically a basket case. We repaired the floors, put new quarters on it as well as new weatherstripping, moldings etc... Question I have is...A center console came with the car(loose and thrown in the back) and I'm not sure it is the correct one for the car..2 of the part #'s I found on the console are d1zb-65045a36 and d1zb-65060a7a. Any help or direction to a part number reference would be appreciated. Thank you

D would be 1970 ( the decade ) 1 would be the year ( 1971 ) Z is Mustang and the B is for Body part. The numbers and letters should be the body part group number and any revisions made to said part

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a pic of the original console that came in my 73. I believe 71 to 73 are all the same style for the full console.

DSCF9260.jpg

71-73 full consoles are the same just with slightly different paint schemes. there is also a mini console that was used 71-73

that just fit around the shifter with a small ashtray.

the full floor consoles are all the same 71-73 again they just changed how they painted them for 1973, to match different interior colors.

Hey Ole Pony,

That is one impressive garage/driveway lineup!
Not to highjack the thread, but thanks Steve. My name is on all the titles, but 3 of my 4 college students drive the Bullitt and the two Mach's. The 73 is truely mine, of course I can drive the others anytime I want! :D

You may know me as Rare Pony on the mach1club site!

Last edited by a moderator:
We are new to this site as well as being new to restoring mustangs. My 18 year old son and I are finished the body work on his 1972 302 coupe. The car was basically a basket case. We repaired the floors, put new quarters on it as well as new weatherstripping, moldings etc... Question I have is...A center console came with the car(loose and thrown in the back) and I'm not sure it is the correct one for the car..2 of the part #'s I found on the console are d1zb-65045a36 and d1zb-65060a7a. Any help or direction to a part number reference would be appreciated. Thank you

We are waiting to install a center console in my '71 Grande so I have still have access to the numbers on the console. Number D1ZB-65045A36-AW is stamped on the console itself. Below it is a number NAP 71-100-1, not sure what that means. The number D1ZB-65060A74 -AA is stamped on the storage compartment along with P.M.P. 71-100-2. The clock and clock housing have their own numbers. When I bought this car it did not have a center console. I assumed it had been removed some time in the past, as the carpet had been replaced, and never put back in. They did not actually replace the carpet, they layered a new one over the old. Poor car:( We removed all the old carpeting and installed a new one with underlayment etc. When we removed the old carpet, there were no holes drilled for a center console?? It never came with one. So how do you explain the cigar lighter and no ashtray and no clock, in a Grande??

mike

My car has a mini console too... I think it is the standard interior option, isnt it? Anyway.. it is useless... even the ashtray opens soooo little that we smokers, end up using the window for our cigarettes :p Sorry environment!!

As the full console... why dont you post a picture and the guys in here can tell you not only if it is the right one (for the numbers it appears to be) but if it has something missing or something...

Good luck!

if you get a marti report on your car it will list the floor console if your car was ordered with one. then you can be sure.

if you get a marti report on your car it will list the floor console if your car was ordered with one. then you can be sure.
In my case, with the small console too?? with a deluxe marti is enough?

i believe it says 'mini console.'

Mine is listed as equipped with 'Floor console.'

My Marti says nothing about a console, so that explains it. We are going to install the one I found on eBay although it will then no longer be "correct". SO? We painted the floor console to match the rest of the interior, duh.

And found a working clock. Even though the Marti report mentions no console, there is a plug under the dash to power the clock and ashtray lights. Since the car has a cigar lighter I guess they expected you to flick the ashes out the window as mentioned in another posting :) I think out here that is a $1500 fine.

mike

Back