Interior Quarter Panel screw

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang convert
The interior quarter panels were out of the car when we inherited our 73 convert. Is there any documentation that shows what type screws are used in which holes to attach the panels. I have looked in the 73 shop manual and other sources but doesn't show that level of detail.

Thanks,

Jim

I have a 73 and attached some pics can get what you need.

If you get interior screw kit they tell you where to use them on the packages also.

I was about to offer you $1000 for those rear interior panels, alas, they have speaker holes like mine... :whistling:

I have a 73 and attached some pics can get what you need.

If you get interior screw kit they tell you where to use them on the packages also.

Thanks for the pictures!

I didn't need the whole interior screw kit so I bought just the small interior Q-panel/kick panel screw kit (I think it was #504) from Mustangs Unlimited. It was just the screws with no info on where they should go.

I have a blue interior and they said it should have black hardware, is that correct?

The black or chrome I do not know. I have white and ginger in vert and ginger and blue in Mach 1. Will look at the Mach 1.

The rear panels are not very good in mine either. Was a California car so got sun baked and yes he cut speaker holes. I bought a parts car that had perfect ones in it but some idiot took 36 grit sandpaper and sanded and glued vinyl to them. I cleaned glue off but they trashed the plastic by sanding.

Ok I went and looked in the 72 Mach 1 and yes all the screws were black in it. Some bad pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
The black or chrome I do not know. I have white and ginger in vert and ginger and blue in Mach 1. Will look at the Mach 1.

The rear panels are not very good in mine either. Was a California car so got sun baked and yes he cut speaker holes. I bought a parts car that had perfect ones in it but some idiot took 36 grit sandpaper and sanded and glued vinyl to them. I cleaned glue off but they trashed the plastic by sanding.

Ok I went and looked in the 72 Mach 1 and yes all the screws were black in it. Some bad pics.

David,

Thanks for confirming that they should be black.

Jim

Back