It's alive!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6banger

Reaction score
My Car
fresh from the barn. Last inspection was 1987. Absolutely no options.
IMG_20140611_192551_526.jpg The ole 250 started on the first try! This sat since 87 with the valve cover off, no exhaust or carb. I put a new fuel pump, hoses and belts, put a header and carb, electronic ignition and changed the oil. Took a shop vac to clean all the rat poop and dirt from around the valves, put the valve cover on and it started right up. It purrs like a kitten, dosent smoke or leak.

With the header, X pipe and dual exhaust it sounds good, not at all what you would think a 6 with duals would sound like!

I tried to add a sound clip, it says its not allowed. Of course I am not the sharpest pencil in the cup when it comes to computers.

IMG_1409008310805.jpg Isn't that cute? Ya think a shaker with Cobra Jet sittin off to the side would trick anyone?

Congrats! ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

It's so nice when you turn the key and it fires right up. Glad to hear it's running so well - if can be real "iffy" after sitting so long.

I wonder if installing a cold air-type air system could've saved your hood. Any plans to enclose the opening somewhat to keep from soaking the air filter?

Good job! ::thumb::

photo.JPG I'll cut a proper hole once I find a scoop that looks appropriate. I don't think there was any other option as I had to put a adaptor to put the Webber carb on, it was about 2 in thick.

"iffy" is right! I was really surprised! I'll redo the motor once I figure out exactly how I want to build it. It costs twice as much to make less power when dealing with this lil 6. Just an aluminum head and 4V intake is 2k+

You should check out the scoop Luxstang has on his car - looks sweet and right at home on the slick hood. ::thumb::

Glad it's all workin' out for ya. :D

Back