It's baaaaccckkkkk!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh well, it's supposedly "sold" now so too late.
I was just looking over the pictures again and referencing my "Tag Book". I'm pretty sure the door sticker was made up to suit the scam.
My knowledge of 429's is minimal, but if it had AC, then the axle would have been 3.25:1, not 3.50. and certainly NOT an 8" diff.
It was a purdy car though! Just a shame he had to misrepresented it just to sell it. If he had been honest, he probably could have got close to that money anyway as it looks to be a solid car with potential.

It might actually be a decent car IF and I do mean IF it was sold as "Clone of a 429" Mustang and for far less money. It seems to have decent bones, but would need lots done to it to make it better, starting with a 9" rear axle correct for a 429 and a close ratio top loader would be my preference.
The guy just needs to be honest, period.

Last edited:
If you Google the VIN it shows it was sold this past July at Mecum for $20K. Unless it appears this way due to sunlight when the pics were taken, that color is certainly not a 1971 Grabber Green. It is more along the lines of the 1970 shade of Grabber Green, they were different. Unless it is a Frankenstein car, and you can certainly see elements of that type of build, it might have originally been a J code. Current 429 is probably out of a Thunderbird etc. The C6 probably came along with that 429. Original 429 and 4 speed are no doubt long gone.

(Edit- funny, when I posted that reply it was 4:29 AM)

"It might actually be a decent car IF and I do mean IF it was sold as "Clone of a 429" Mustang and for far less money."

That will never happen while it has "switched vin#'s" from a real 429 car on a 302 body...

I have been following this for awhile and never really looked the car over that thoroughly. But wow that has to be the worst fake I have ever seen. There almost nothing that matches the Marti except power steering and power brakes. Not even the radio. The guy just needs to just cut his losses and move on and hopefully he learned from this horrible mistake of trying to flip something he obviously didn’t what he was looking at.

I have been following this for awhile and never really looked the car over that thoroughly. But wow that has to be the worst fake I have ever seen. There almost nothing that matches the Marti except power steering and power brakes. Not even the radio. The guy just needs to just cut his losses and move on and hopefully he learned from this horrible mistake of trying to flip something he obviously didn’t what he was looking at.
I think eventually he'll find the next sucker who thinks they see a deal and buys the car before researching it.

Back