It's baaaaccckkkkk!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. This ad is even more dishonest that the one that was on Ebay! And they are marketing the motor as being a true CJ 429. I wonder if the same seller is still trying to sell the car, or if he unloaded it onto an unsuspecting buyer who is now trying to get rid of the car (the gift that keeps giving, lol)? Either way, somebody is eventually going to get screwed on this hack job Frankenstein machine.

Last edited:
Wow. This ad is even more dishonest that the one on Ebay! And they are marketing the motor as being a true CJ 429. I wonder if the same seller is still trying to sell the car, or if he unloaded it onto an unsuspecting buyer who is now trying to get rid of the car (the gift that keeps giving, lol)? Either way, somebody is eventually going to get screwed!
Cute. No VIN so prospective buyers cannot search for it. Now in "Greesnboro, NC"

View attachment 87244
The VIN is actually present on the ad when you go to the GAA site but not everyone would think to do a Google search. When you do search the VIN, the BarnFinds post comes up, so that's good. If you scroll down to the very end of the BarnFinds post there is a link for where it ended up on BarnFinds again. Maybe BarnFinds should do a third post about the car now that it has resurfaced on a different auction site.

I have to add my two cents. First cent goes to the green Mustang. I find it hilarious in a sad way that this car keeps popping up for sale and being advertised dishonestly. The current owner should man up, advertise it for what it is and take the hit.
My second cent goes to the Boss 302. Someone on our forum, I don’t recall who, stated that just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. That definitely applies to this car. I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but in my eyes, the mods on this car are ugly and have devalued a desirable classic. The Boss 302 and Boss 429’s had rolled wheel lips for the F-60-15 tires. These rolled wheel lips are almost impossible to duplicate and are very much a part of the value of the car. Cutting the car for the gaudy flares is sacrilege.

I have to add my two cents. First cent goes to the green Mustang. I find it hilarious in a sad way that this car keeps popping up for sale and being advertised dishonestly. The current owner should man up, advertise it for what it is and take the hit.
My second cent goes to the Boss 302. Someone on our forum, I don’t recall who, stated that just because you can, doesn’t mean you should. That definitely applies to this car. I know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but in my eyes, the mods on this car are ugly and have devalued a desirable classic. The Boss 302 and Boss 429’s had rolled wheel lips for the F-60-15 tires. These rolled wheel lips are almost impossible to duplicate and are very much a part of the value of the car. Cutting the car for the gaudy flares is sacrilege.
To the defense of whomever modified the Boss, doing that to a complete, still stock Boss would be questionable. But, unless they have pics of the car before, who can say what condition that car was in before or when.

It could have been a thrashed and rusted car missing parts. And if it was long ago, not worth the effort to restore correctly. If so, well, it still lives instead of having been parted or junked.

I use that saying frequently about a number of things. If that was a real Boss 302, who ever did that should serve prison time. I'd love to have my Boss 302 back. Chuck

Back