Just wondering what kind of response you get to your cars?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
. Having said that I never saw a Mustang I didn't like :D
I don't know about that

Poor Mustang II. If I found one that looked that good I would drive it; it would be kind of like driving an American Motores Pacer around!

In my area I have been to 3 shows this year, and have yet to see one of our cars. Last year I saw 0 of them. The closest has been a 1970 mach 1 which has been here for years. Anyhow it makes me that much more anxious to get it going, and be able to cruise. Every time I tell someone what I'm working on they seem to be interested and have the WOW FACTOR in ther eyes. Even the mustang people with older ones.

Poor Mustang II. If I found one that looked that good I would drive it; it would be kind of like driving an American Motores Pacer around!
A guy around my block has a really clean AMC pacer. It's not the prettiest car in the world but I'd take it over a lot of new cars.

oh well here's my mustang story good and bad.... I'm 27, i have had my car for 10 years, its my first car and in not sellin it nor did i rebuild it to sell it i built it for me, now before i rebuilt it, it still looked fantastic, i live in san antonio tx its like the 7th or so largest city in the us...i have gone to damn near all the car shows, cruses and rod runs around here so far from what i have seen i have the only 71-73 mines a 72, i have NEVER seen another one of our years on the road here, so for me it makes it kinda unique, on top of what i have done now with it. as most have stated before the hard core mustang fans ie 64.5-70 think its to large and what not sorry the 71 came with the 429scj :) and they handle better than there 64.5 that was made for a woman. and the old "i had one of those but mine was faster/custom form ford" kinda guy every now and again. if u look at my garage under mods u see me..well a side pic of me, yes i know i look like im 18, but thats what get me the most i have a lot of guy tell me "hey hows ur dads car?" or "ur folks know ur takin that out" kind crap thats what pisses me off to no end really, but ever one else hit the nail on the head when ur just driving from a to b, or ever around the block its a real head turner. sorry for the rant

"Whoa, where'd you get that piece of crap?" My neighbor (who owns a Camaro) asked me that yesterday.
Parking a musatng next to a camaro is like putting it in moth balls, There is NO chance it will ever rust withe a rust magnet next to it.:angel:
You mean like this? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
yup..never found a mustang i never liked..even the mustang 2 cobra and mach are neat.....and homeless i hear you there!! you dont know how many people hunted down my dad tring to buy my mustang ...and saying too me...that your dads car ?..and i say..well yes...about 20 years ago it was before i paid him for it..lol.and how many times he would have to tell people its not his car..its mine..lol..i feel your pain..just looking a bit young and having a classic car..they think..its your parents car!!..lol

btw oskar..thats one pretty mach 1 !! i bet it turns every head in germany.

My 72 vert is white with a blue interior and a plain hood...lets face it, probably the most friendly colors and body style you could imagine. If i had a dollar for every smile and wave and horn honk i get i would never have to pay for gas. 48hrs ago i was pulled over on a side street and popped the hood to look at the engine (yeah rare i know) and i hear "sick car!" Which sounds kinda like a compliment but i was listening to the rockers...then i look up at a 5 series bmw and the driver says " that is the sickest hot car i have seen today!" Which still doesnt sound like much of a compliment ha ha but i look at the guy and lean over with a wave and say "thanks a lot" and smile. And surprisingly he doesnt ask me the year! Ha ha ha i bet he didnt know it was a mustang! I get waves every time i put it out in public. It rocks!

when I bought my mustang < i knew it needed work over time but i loved her no matter what anybody said. my brother hated my car for the simple fact he hated 71-73 coupes, which made me love my car even more. when i worked at this big ford dealership you would think ppl would of thought it was cool but no< it was always, I hate those years or its a coupe or wow ur car needs everything and im not gonna lie its not perfect but i just think people do not see what i see and i see an awesome car. anybody could build a 64-70 but it take a real man to build a 71-73. my 72 coupe was my first real car that i bought for myself and can say its mine.

My car is beat up, has primer and surface rust showing everywhere, but people still would pull up at stop lights and yell to me "I Love those cars"

Latest comment from my "father-in-law":

"You still working on that damn thing?! Hah!" :D

All in good humor though. He's a Chevy guy but he, his wife, and my girlfriend all like the fact that I'm restoring a good ol piece of American pig-iron. Granted we're all waiting for his Camaro to get out of the shop. Eventually he and I will go to the track to have a bit of 1/4 mile fun once mine is done. :cool:

Rich

... "I love those year chevelles!" I have promptly corrected them lol
Ha that's funny! You could say "yeah, thanks. You should see what Ford made during those years." wait for their derogatory statement then say, "I'm glad you liked this Ford MUSTANG"!

Back