Just wondering what kind of response you get to your cars?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ron and All... I've read through this thread and I really don't see any negative comments. There are a lot of members here, but I thought I remembered your car, and I was right. You do have a very unique color combo and it looks awesome. I've been a member on this site for a while now and a VIP member for a short while. I'm definitely not one of those guys on this site that can help with any problem. I spend most of my time on this site learning about the cars we all love. I learn something new every time I visit. This site is a one of a kind and we all know it.

I realize this is kind of an unusual situation, but I would like to sponsor you as a VIP member on this site. If you give me the go ahead, I will make it happen, just let me know...

Since the day I bought mine it has been all positive feedback! And when I say since the first day, I mean since the first 10 minutes:D

I was bringing mine home on the trailer and other motorists were slowing down to take pictures, giving me the thumbs up, and saying nice ride:) I get to the first stop for gas and the guy at the next pump says feel free to load that on my trailer!! I said, thats not going to happen!!:cool: I have had other stangs from a 65 to a 78, but there is just something about the 71-73's that attract me to them.

I guess the problem here is every damn time I post a pic of my car on this website, some shallow minded fool says, green bay packers, john Deere, or whatever. As I stated in another post my car is finally to the point where my family and I can take it to carshows and enjoy it, expecting the same comments as I have been getting off here. To my surprise not one reference to a football team or whatever, only people complimenting on the color scheme, why I get that only here is beyond me (maybe because I haven't paid for a bogus membership) that's sad. I have nothing but respect for any car person who enjoys them as much as I do. All I can say to whomever doesn' Like it, do some soul searching maybe your not a car Guy after all, just want to talk on some website.

I guess the problem here is every damn time I post a pic of my car on this website, some shallow minded fool says, green bay packers, john Deere, or whatever. As I stated in another post my car is finally to the point where my family and I can take it to carshows and enjoy it, expecting the same comments as I have been getting off here. To my surprise not one reference to a football team or whatever, only people complimenting on the color scheme, why I get that only here is beyond me (maybe because I haven't paid for a bogus membership) that's sad. I have nothing but respect for any car person who enjoys them as much as I do. All I can say to whomever doesn' Like it, do some soul searching maybe your not a car Guy after all, just want to talk on some website.
As far as buying my car in the current state, it wasn't even close I have pics and vids to prove otherwise. I'm not saying you won't ever fix your car up, but why say something negative about one that is nicer. Why if someone posts a red and black car

Don't u say Arizona Cardinals, or so on & so on, last I checked my car has nothing to do with a Football team!
Lighten up Francis ! I was apart of the coversation about your car in a previous thread and no one said anything negative about your car. You have a very nice car that is obvious how much hard work you have done. It has a unique color combination, and was refered to as the Packers colors. So what, it does have the packers colors. Mine is Gold Glow and has been refered to as the Saints colors, and I didn't go blow a gasket and call members names. It has saints colors. so what. I personally don't care if someone paints there car rainbow colors, if they like it thats all that counts. No reason to be all defensive and rude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just the other day a kid from around my block came up and was looking at it. He said it was really cool and then asked if it was a camaro...:huh: All the while looking like this.

This awesome thread is weighing me down.

Ron is entitled to own his feelings. I don't quite see how others have been slamming his car. I have seen green bay and John Deere remarks but not sure who made them. I don't believe anyone made those remarks to be spiteful. We know your car has nothing to do with football or tractors.

However, I do take issue with the "bogus membership" comment. It is NOT free to keep this site running. This is not funded by tax dollars like NPR. Paying for membership is not required. Upgrading to VIP status by paying $25 is optional (but I highly encourage it). If a member chooses to not donate then that's fine. If any member feels that this site is useful and he/she benefits from it then donating the $25 bucks would be a natural outflow of appreciation if they can afford it. I respect all members in our unique club. Several of us have donated VIP memberships to regular members. I pick who I want to be upgraded since I paid for them. What's really cool is that new VIP member who got in free usually pays $25 to sponsor someone else. My criteria for who I pick is someone who brings good vibes to the site and/or who has done something meaningful either on here or in their personal life.

Now back the regularly scheduled program...

Sorry to hear about that Ron...I could kinda see it was getting on your nerves about remarks on your colors...Reason why i never said a thing about it..I think it is a very pretty car and alot of others on here do too.....Just remmeber if something bugs you...Just come out and say it does.....Before it goes to far.

I think Ron's interior rear green LED lights are the second best interior mod I've seen...only second to gauge LED lights which he also completed.

My '73 Mach-1 always gets at least a smile and a nod. One day I pulled up to a red light and ended up being right next to some guy in an M3 with his "arm candy" in he passenger seat. She looked and smiled. I replied with an exaggerated wink. When the light turned green the driver tore off right in front of a cop.

The best time was at the gas station. I was pumping gas and some guy in his 60's walked over and just stared with a grin on his face. He obviously had his own thing going on. Then he started talking. An all to familiar story about the car he use to have. He shook my hand, took a last look, smiled and drove away.

Ron - I sure hope you post back here. The Web is always troublesome for me trying to read thoughts of people who post on it. You know that the founding philosophy of this site is respecting all who wander in here and their version of their 71 - 73 'Stangs, in whatever vision they have for them.

Hope to see you posting back again soon. No worries about this thread. Start another one with a fresh slate. I'll post back there.

With respect.

Hey Ron, I quite like your car's paint scheme and like Don said the green gauges and rear LEDs are very cool and I am thinking of doing the same to my car.

I am proud to say that i have received many words of praise and many compliments from forum members about my Mustang and the various things that i've done to the car since i joined the forum.

To all those folks, i say again, really sincere thanks and appreciation for all your kind words you've given me. it does mean a lot.

So even though we don't know each other well Ron, can i take this opportunity to say that i think your Mustang looks really first class and very impressive outside and inside, and all the hard work and time you've put into it really shows. I know you would be a very proud owner, and rightly so.

Greg:)

past one time where I seriously got heckled by an anti-mustang 12 year old waiting for the bus, everyone loves the car. I get tons of people checking it out/talking to be in car shows....heck, half the awards I've won have the word "choice" on them,lol

And of course I get people waving and giving be a thumbs up in traffic all the time.

I get a big positive response from people when i drive around and i'm out and about.

Folks love the car, and so i get a lot of verbal praise, people stopping and talking out of the blue, thumbs up signs,waving, toots on their horns, hell, i've even had some people take photos while i've been parked in differant locations.

Trick is not to let it all go to your head so to speak. Although, i must confess to feeling like i'm king of the road sometimes when i'm driving around.:rolleyes:

No doubt about it, our cars have definately got the hot looks, heaps of street cred and value to be sure. Lord, Mr. Ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I get a big positive response from people when i drive around and i'm out and about.

Folks love the car, and so i get a lot of verbal praise, people stopping and talking out of the blue, thumbs up signs,waving, toots on their horns, hell, i've even had some people take photos while i've been parked in differant locations.

Trick is not to let it all go to your head so to speak. Although, i must confess to feeling like i'm king of the road sometimes when i'm driving around.:rolleyes:

No doubt about it, our cars have definately got the hot looks, heaps of street cred and value to be sure. Lord, Mr. Ford!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now im going to have old Jerry Reed stuck in my head all day ;)

That's a big 10-4 Snowman..

I didn't know anything about the VIP thing to be honest. Maybe that explains why no one answers my questions? (KIDDING!!!) I will take care of that asap.. I just assumed that ads paid for the site like most forums, however, this site is very thin (appreciated) on ad spam so it makes sense now.

Ron, sorry but it sounds like you are searching for negative comments about your car, almost like you are surprised there are not more of them. When you go with a wild scheme like yours, of course there will be all kinds of comments, good and bad. I applaud you for doing something wild, but you know human nature and you have to roll with it.

My car is viper red, you don't think I am waiting for the grey hair guy driving red mustang = mid life crisis comments? I am actually looking forward to them! lol.

If you think Mustang guys are tough, I painted my '68 Roadrunner TorRed (Hemi Orange) knowing full well the color was not available until 69 1/2 on the A12 cars, every gathering/car show someone would lecture me about how the color was wrong.

Ok, back to topic. I was just offered 20.000€ in the malls parking lot. That would be about 25.800 in today's USD.

I told them to go take a hike. :)

I have Collector plates on my car which means limited driving unless for show, education, or service! But its not a problem because every single time i slow down somebody askes me what year it is? So i guess that qualifies as an education event!

I don't have my 71 road ready yet, but am getting ready to go back to Idaho to get it. So far, there are two other 71-3 mustang fastback cars here in Canon City that I have seen, an red one, and a white one. There was a car show a week ago at "The Abbey" here in town. I didn't notice any 71-3 cars, but I did see 5 cougar's! Other than looking in my back yard, I've never seen so many at one time.

My 73 has been in the shop for 3 weeks (Cosmetic and mechanical) and getting it back next week and I can't wait.

I don't know how some of you do it without driving your stangs for months or longer.

Back