Kansas 1972 Mach1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hotrodbones

Reaction score
My Car
1972Mach1
Hell, my name is Sean and I live in Topeka KS. Here is a picture of my 1972 Mach1 with a 351w.

I got this car well over 10 years ago when I used to run my own hot rod shop. The customer wanted one restored, I found this deal for the customer where this car was tossed into the deal as a donor. We ended up restoring the other mustang and I kept this one in leu of some of the payment.

Over the years it has been moved from the shop to my home, pushed around and to the back burner several times. It is now finally time for this one to be fully done up.

I am currently overseas with the military, when I get home I will start the build thread.

Attachments

• mach1.jpg
    mach1.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 1
Welcome from NC and as others have said, thank you for your service!

Greetings from Phoenix! Lots of good people and encouragement on this site. A 351W would be an unusual engine for that year. Are you sure it's not a Cleveland?
When I got the car it didn't have an engine, if I recall from the VIN it is supposed to be a 351 Cleveland with the cobra jet heads. At the time I wasn't able to find a Cleveland, but I did get the Windsor with some other dealing I did. I figured since I had it, i would use it for this build.

When I got the car it didn't have an engine, if I recall from the VIN it is supposed to be a 351 Cleveland with the cobra jet heads. At the time I wasn't able to find a Cleveland, but I did get the Windsor with some other dealing I did. I figured since I had it, i would use it for this build.
That makes sense! The 351W is a great engine and actually has more aftermarket support than the Cleveland.

The engine has already gone through it's updating. I don't have the specs on me, but I recall a lot of it had to be replaced. New heads, rods, pistons, crank, cam. I think we had to bore it a little as well.

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 0
Here are a few of the body panels that I have managed to collect over the years. It will be a ton of work, however it will be amazing when it's all done.

Attachments

• parts.jpg
    parts.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Back