Konecranes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coreysvt

Reaction score
My Car
71 Mach 1
03 Cobra
Anybody ever worked for konecranes? I got a job offer from them and want to know anyone's experiences with them. Thanks

Anybody ever worked for konecranes? I got a job offer from them and want to know anyone's experiences with them. Thanks
I worked for a crane company that sub contracted jobs from Kone. We installed a lot of their cranes all over PA, OH, and NY. They always treated us well. And seem to be a well established company. Not sure how it is to work directly for them, but they are a pretty big company. I think each branch has its own personality too. My buddy worked for them as an inspector and electrician for a few years but couldn't get along with an arrogant service writer. He works with me at Simmers crane now.

As far as their cranes go, I have seen better. No offense or anything but the quality of their cranes is somewhat lacking. We had to go back on a lot of jobs a few months after the installs and replaced hoist gearboxes and a lot of wheel bearings for some reason.

Not sure if this helps you out or not but if you have any other questions that I can help you with let me know. What type of position are you looking at with them?? Tech? sales? engineering? labor??

I worked for a crane company that sub contracted jobs from Kone. We installed a lot of their cranes all over PA, OH, and NY. They always treated us well. And seem to be a well established company. Not sure how it is to work directly for them, but they are a pretty big company. I think each branch has its own personality too. My buddy worked for them as an inspector and electrician for a few years but couldn't get along with an arrogant service writer. He works with me at Simmers crane now.

As far as their cranes go, I have seen better. No offense or anything but the quality of their cranes is somewhat lacking. We had to go back on a lot of jobs a few months after the installs and replaced hoist gearboxes and a lot of wheel bearings for some reason.

Not sure if this helps you out or not but if you have any other questions that I can help you with let me know. What type of position are you looking at with them?? Tech? sales? engineering? labor??
Wow....didnt realize we have some connections!! I've done business with Jax and Houston. Jax were nice people, Houston NOT SO MUCH...rude at best. As for their business, a customer you would find their products are weak and TRY BUYING PARTS!!! As an employee (pending your position) could be a good company to work for as far as stability of the company.

here is what I do:

www.cvsferrariforklifts.com

btw..... I PAY really good lead fees!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going for a electrical service tech. I talked to one if their senior service techs and he made it sound like the best job ever. But he could be who the hiring manager gets to sugar coat things for new employees. As far as the work, there's no doubt I could do it, but I'd be taking a pay cut and I make pretty good overtime as it is. plus I'dhave to move to charolette. I work in Florence sc now.

Have you ever done crane work?? We get alot of turnover on new employees because they don't understand what it's like to be a crane tech. It's a tough job to sugar coat. It's hard work, crappy hours, horrible conditions, dirty, and dangerous. But it's one of the highest paying blue collar jobs out there. I've been working in the crane industry since I was 17. Full time since I was 25, I'm 35 now. I have a bachelors degree in business administration and I turn wrenches for a living because it paid way better then sitting behind a desk and I love my job. Don't let the guy try to bullshit yôu. It's a tough job but very rewarding if your into that type of work. They would have to pay me a good bit to move for a job. And there's a ton of traveling involved in almost all crane tech jobs. I got lucky about 2 years ago and got assigned to 1 plant and I'm there everyday taking care of 350-400 cranes everyday. If your mechanically and electrically inclined you will enjoy it. You will get to see some things not many other people get to see and that's always pretty cool. Ok sorry for rambling and good luck in your decision.

Kevin

yeah I was disappointed in the offer they made me. I'm gonna make a counter offer Monday. I don't have any crane experience, but I have a ton of education and I troubleshoot plasma cutting power supplies everyday. I'm 25 with no wife or kids so I'm pretty flexible with my time. The plant I'm at now is relatively clean and climate controlled :). I enjoy the people I work with now. I've wanted to make the move to Charlotte for some time now, that was why I was interested in the job. Thanks for your advice.

Heck ya, if your only 25 and willing to work give it a shot. Try a counter offer a buck or two higher than you want and see what they say. Not sure about down there but around here in western PA an experienced crane tech can expect to make $25-$35 bucks an hour.

When I was 25 I loved the travelling. I was like you single and no kids. We did a lot of rail jobs all over the US for a company out of Texas called Atlantic track and turnout company. I travelled to ohio, new York, west Virginia, Maryland, Virginia, kentucky, Tennessee, New England, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, California,north and south Carolina......ect ect..... all over. Only thing that sucked was we worked 12-14 hours a day 7 days a week. About all you got to see was the inside of a hotel and the inside of a nasty steel mill LOL!!! Now I'm 35 with 2 kids and hate going out of town.

I would say give it a shot and see what happens. At 25 you have a long time to find something else if this isn't something you lie after a year. And you will know right away if your cut out for this line of work. Good luck!!!

Corey....25.00? We pay forklift mechanics that much.... i would think a crane mechanic would make a LOT more. Remember... the sugar runs out AFTER the honeymoon is over. If you like what your doing and you like the people how great is the financial offer over what you make now? *you dont have to tell us! But you get my point. Now then if you are that set on moving to that area...then maybe its a good deal for you.

They offered $4.20 less than what I make now...I told them what I wanted to make and they said that I'd have no problem making that with overtime. Problem is I'd be working all the time, and that defeats the purpose of moving to charlotte, no time to enjoy the area ;). Plus I wouln't have any vacation for a year.

I worked with some Kone Techs, they seemed to genuinely enjoy their job. They where flying all over the place for jobs and mostly doing new installs. We where fabing the sheds and tracks they put in the cranes. Drank lots of beer with them and had lots of fun but none of em could fight worth a Damn :)

Not sure if I'll fit in then, I drink liquor and take my ass whippin's like a man. Lol

If they'll come up on the base salary some I'll give it a shot. I get plenty of OT as it is and so far this year I'll make what I'm shooting for without having to work as much as I'd have to at kone.

Time is my most valuable possession. Rusty 71's don't fix themselves.

I worked with some Kone Techs, they seemed to genuinely enjoy their job. They where flying all over the place for jobs and mostly doing new installs. We where fabing the sheds and tracks they put in the cranes. Drank lots of beer with them and had lots of fun but none of em could fight worth a Damn :)
HAHA!!! Me and you would get along just fine!!! :cool:

I have some contacts with MSC Containers in Charleston.... they may have a need for an onsite guy??
Thanks, I'll let you know if that's somewhere I'd be interested in. while I'd like a change, the job I have now isn't bad.

And Luke, I get along with just about everybody, especially if they have a Ford.

I have some contacts with MSC Containers in Charleston.... they may have a need for an onsite guy??
Thanks, I'll let you know if that's somewhere I'd be interested in. while I'd like a change, the job I have now isn't bad.

And Luke, I get along with just about everybody, especially if they have a Ford.
my apology ... I forgot about the goal to go towards Charlotte.

Glad to here it. I get on with everyone too. It just seems that I am a corrupting influance on people. Was told Iam like a viking on parole always very close to the mayham and chaos they know Iam involved but just cant prove it ::devil::

Back