Long shot - looking for an old friend

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mach 1
351 Cleveland
PS, PB, A/C, rear defrost
This is probably a long shot but I would love to find out anything about the '71 that I purchased in high school. VIN 1F02F210397. I bought it in 1981 and sold it in Virginia on March 2, 1993. I may be able to dig up an old Polaroid - green with a standard ginger interior.

Anyone here know anything?

Sweet. No longer a 302, C4, green, ginger interior, etc. I wonder if the VIN was switched to something else. Anything newer? Even though it is no longer even close to what I remember, I might be interested in getting it back. Interesting to see that it has not traveled far. Hagerstown is only about an hour, hour and a half away.

Sweet. No longer a 302, C4, green, ginger interior, etc. I wonder if the VIN was switched to something else. Anything newer? Even though it is no longer even close to what I remember, I might be interested in getting it back. Interesting to see that it has not traveled far. Hagerstown is only about an hour, hour and a half away.
My suspicions as well, as nothing on that car seems to match.

Give the fellow a call, see if it matches your car in description of what he started with.

-Kurt

I called and left a message. We'll see. The first add said he owned it for about 10 years - so that is about about 10 years from when I sold it. This is great and I'm thrilled that it might show back up. I did swap a 351W in before I sold it and changed the C4 to a factory three speed. I owned it for about three years after the swap.

When I first read this post I thought to myself... good luck, In 25 minutes there was an answer. Great job cudak888. Do we live in an unbelievable time of information sharing or what! If this request was made 20 years ago I would think it would have been like finding a needle in a haystack.

When I first read this post I thought to myself... good luck, In 25 minutes there was an answer. Great job cudak888. Do we live in an unbelievable time of information sharing or what! If this request was made 20 years ago I would think it would have been like finding a needle in a haystack.
Power of the internet!

I usually run a Google search for the VIN, and - if that fails, I run a Florida VIN search, as the DMV site doesn't require a login to do so - not that I expect to find anything from up north down here, but there's always the possibility.

-Kurt

Back