Looking for suggestions on invesyment / small business

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Make a heart felt and personal list of what you really enjoy.

Google those items an see if anyone has figured out a way to make money doing those type activities.

Pick the one that "feels the most right" and try to team up with the people who have been doing it the longest.

Make a 30 day, 6 month, 1 - 3 -5 year business plan

Get all your legal and business structures set up.

Start it up and enjoy the ride!

I did this after a 21 year very successful professional career and it has been wonderful. I have created 4 jobs, I am starting to franchise what we do, and we are having a blast!

Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun.........

- Paul

High end pawn shop..Not your regular run of the mill type..dealing only in high end jewelery Rolex etc..luxury cars..Fine wine..Lots of affluent people in a bind need cash short term loans these days & don't feel comfortable going into a regular type pawn shop..at least here in the north east tri state area N.Y.-N.J-CT

LOW SETUP COST..Mall type location..1 years rent..some fixtures..paper work licenses..I bet for 100k or less your in biz..The returns could be huge !

Or look for a going established biz that is failing for mis management or personal reasons..Buy..revamp..manage properly.. Theres tons out there..Look in the biz section of Craigs..I missed a deal on a auto repair shop I found on craigs a while back..Was a going shop for 20 years..Guy bought it knew nothing..ran it into the ground..

Good advice guys!

I already have money set aside for tuition and weddings for my 2 daughters.

I have plenty (actually too much) life insurance that is paid up, and growing by purchasing additional paid up insurance with the dividends.

I have a decent sized IRA that should be ok to live on by the time I formally retire, which won't be for 10-15 years.

What I'm thinking about is taking inheritance and investing it into a cash rich asset that will require a manageable amount of my time so I can continue to work while it ramps up.
need to adopt a son? I'm available, my parents will have no problem giving me up :)

I'm cheap.

I'm already married so no expense there.

I already have the collage degree, so no expense there.

I'm just looking for inherit some money :D

Haha ... Common, tell us your real motives, don't be shy!

I'd love to be adopted by someone who could just love be me for who I am!

I think my mother didn't breast feed me because she just wanted us to be friends... Hehe

Pretty much anything in my area that has to do with real estate makes money. The rental storage units will be way less headache than renting. If you have apartment complex you will be in court a lot, lol. For sure stay away from food business highest failure rate in the U.S.. Flipping houses takes time and some knowledge of the building process. I only did one from my daughter and one for my son. Daughters took a year because I was working full time but did sons in about 3 weeks. New wiring, new plumbing, floors, all new paint.

If you look at the storage get lots of quotes from suppliers. They all want to say they have a special deal that someone just backed out on. That is just a line they give everyone. When I did garage I got a red iron frame with 6" insulation for less that I was quoted for just a pole barn by one supplier. Go back and forth at least 4 times and 4 or 5 quotes.

It is not easy but investing in China in the past has paid big dividends. Getting there to find the place to invest is difficult.

I lived in China for 17 months. I did not have money to invest due to having two divorces and starting over with zero twice hurts.

A friend of mine is still there been there 8 or 9 years now. We both worked in the tooling trade, metal stamping dies. We both worked for a Chinese company owned by three Chinese investors.

I only signed a one year contract I had a goal to make the money to pay off home and garage and that is what I did.

They wanted me to stay and tempted me with bonus offers. The normal pay in China is you work 12 months but get a Christmas bonus of one months pay so 13 months pay per year is normal. Also some of the top employees got bonus based on how well the jobs went. For instance our head designer was Chinese and the year I was there his bonus was just over $1,000,000 USD. Yes million. It is a fable about cheap labor, he was in his 40's. They offered to put me in the bonus program but I said not and came home.

Now my friend that stayed ended up taking another job in the south of China. He did that for another year or so and then an American / Canadian company convinced him to manage all the tooling being built in China.

As he traveled to different shops in China he had the opportunity to buy into a check fixture shop. He put in $100,000 and after 12 months had his money back. He now receives over $100,000 each year and does not even work there just a silent investor. He also has bought several apartments that gained in value in Shanghai. He married a Chinese gal also, lol. She had retired in her 40's was a previous business owner in Shanghai. I think I read in the paper in Shanghai that walking down the street in Shanghai ever 350 th. person you pass is a millionaire. They sell over 24 million cars a year in China. It is not the poor third world country most Americans have in their mind.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers,

So, what you do is, go get a Construction company name and set up as GC. Donate the remaining money to the Democratic party, then get a big road contract at an inflated price, sub it out taking 20% for yourself, get the cash, sell the company with assets and liabilities and retire to Arkansas until you get murdered

i work for a self storage company doing the light maintenance at one location. the company has about 12 locations.. but ours has 750 units (including climate control) from 5x5 to 15x30 and around 30 outside parking spots for cars, trucks, campers, trailers..... anyway we have hit the 1 million mark the last 4 yrs... once a month i do the cut lock and inventory, from outside, the stuff i can see for if a auction comes up... amazing the junk people store for 200 bucks a month.. and more $$$$$$$

I did this after a 21 year very successful professional career and it has been wonderful.  I have created 4 jobs, I am starting to franchise what we do, and we are having a blast!

- Paul
Can I be so bold as to ask what the business / franchise is? PM me if you do not want to post here.

thanks

Back