louver lover or not?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love my louvers!

I think that they look very cool on our cars - for me a must!

I bought the actual set of Summit a year ago and it seems to be very durable. It came with all the installation material needed. It is easy to install, fits perfect, no trunk-opening-issue, it is not too heavy not too light, black matte finish on metal and easy to open up with two metal-screws for cleaning the back window.

With my high-jackers up on the rear axle I see nothing backwards but a big 40 ton truck close to my bumper - with or without louver so it doesn't matter :D

It looks damn cool! Don't know if it was original athough there were marks from an old one but at that point whatever!

Tim

Because I'm a bit purist and love these cars ( all 3 body styles) just the way they came from the factory I am always torn by the modifications done by other owners. Years ago I bought rear window louvers and for the most part I guess they look good on the car. But I can't seem to make up my mind as to how I feel about them so I'm putting it out to YOU the 71-73 owners how do you feel about them. Louver lover or not? Weigh-in lets hear your opinion.
Unless you want to kiss some serious A-- you might as well do what you want. Keeping a car original has become a rich mans hobby and you have to rub the right elbows to ever get to the top.

I have a 1950 Ford that had Ford louvers. 49 was the first year they were an option not 69. Picture shows them laying on the package tray.

I tried to put them on my new 84 20th ann mustang but the 1/2 year model spoiler was in the way and they would not fit.

David

Ummm - I think the thread was originally intended to be about window louvers, not venetian blinds. rofl

I think the louvers look good on our cars, they may not have been a factory option, but they're period correct, plus as noted the rear window wasn't designed for visibility anyway.

Jim

Hey mrmach1, got any pics of your louvers?
I have only one pic of my car with the louvers on I hope this comes out I've had trouble attaching pics at this site. they keep telling my pics are to big
Your car is looking so good! I like your vinyl - it matches your dark green color perfectly. I love it!

Tim

I have only one pic of my car with the louvers on I hope this comes out I've had trouble attaching pics at this site. they keep telling my pics are to big
Your car is looking so good! I like your vinyl - it matches your dark green color perfectly. I love it!

Thanks Tim it's been a 30 year love affair for me and my car. I'm pretty partial to it as well.

Frank

Thanks Tim it's been a 30 year love affair for me and my car. I'm pretty partial to it as well.

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:
love the color combo on your car. on YOUR car I would be a fan....and probably on black too. On lighter colors not so much except for Yellow

greenacres2314-300x225.jpg

well maybe not yellow but certainly your car....well yeah yellow

I got them on sale for 220 from CARiD.com I think they went back up. http://www.carid.com/willpak/aluminum-rear-window-louver-mpn-10556.html

Would you guys both say you are satisfied with your louvers? I'm looking at getting a set for mine eventually and was just wondering what you like/dont like about yours...about a 60$ difference between these.

I bought mine many years ago for about 125.00 from Mustangs Unlimited. For the most part I'm happy with them, obviously they could be improved but nothing that would keep me from recommending them to another. They're more about looks then practicality so if you like the look go for it.

I'm happy with mine. I can't speak to the visibility issues as I've not even driven mine [meaningfully] yet - just on and off a trailer for a car show, really.

To combat any sort of visibility issues, I've installed a Pyle Audio back-up camera on a custom bracket, that flips down like a third sunvisor (rather than simply going with a super-tiny monitor in a rear-view mirror). I need to get pics of the set-up - it's pretty cool, actually.

Crap, I need to get pics of the things I've done to the car - so many new things.

I haven't been able to put them on yet. No heat in garage...yet. Plus we just got 4 inches of snow,:mad: unreal. Hopefully will get to put them on in a few weeks.
This freaking winter just doesn't want to end does it? I hate it.
Ya this really is a drag. I thought it was done snowing for the season, but I was wrong...again!

Back