Mach1 sport lamps: What do they do originally?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading this thread, I'm still a little confused...when we say "Sport Lamps" are we talking about running lights/parking lights? As in, the two amber lamps next to the headlights? Mine come on at the first position of the headlight switch, and they just look cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading this thread, I'm still a little confused...when we say "Sport Lamps" are we talking about running lights/parking lights? As in, the two amber lamps next to the headlights? Mine come on at the first position of the headlight switch, and they just look cool.
Sport Lamps per se are on 71 & 72 mainly Mach 1's as far as I know. Could they have been ordered on other model, I'm not sure, but definitely Mach 1's in the grill. 

IMG_1561_LI (2).jpg

Oh, so your talking about those other amber lights below the headlights then. I've never noticed those before, I have a 71/72 grill on my 73...I wonder if I could put those on, they look cool!

Think they should be renamed Look Cool Lights.  The real reason I'm replying ....need the correct bulb number or sometimes called trade name. I can't seem to find anybody that knows the answer. Maybe you could look at one of your bulbs and give me a reply back .......much appreciate your help going forward. 

The correct bulb number is #94. Easiest place to find them is a marine store, they're used in stern lights. You can also use a #1076. 

Oh, so your talking about those other amber lights below the headlights then. I've never noticed those before, I have a 71/72 grill on my 73...I wonder if I could put those on, they look cool!

Sport lamps are in the grill, the one below the bumper are running and turn signal lights.

71-72 Sport lamp bulbs have to be grounded via a wire in the harness. The bulbs are different to other types. On the bottom, there are two contacts, 1 is power the other ground. 

On my car, I have switched all the lights to LED type including a special sport lamp bulb. 

Contac Bill at HiPoParts.com for the best LED's and accessories. Bill will only sell high quality stuff, not like on epay

https://www.hipoparts.com

Back