• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MANY 71-73 CONVERTIBLES FOR SALE, MOST EXTREMELY RARE WITH VERY DESIREABLE OPTIONS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I would take a different approach. First here are some thoughts. A 72 sprint convertible is rare (50) made but not nearly as valuable as the 42 429 convertibles. While there is only one year difference the 127 cubic inches make the 429 three or four times more valuable to enthusiasts and collectors. Are there other rare convertibles, sure, like the five 71 Q code verts and the 72 HO (13 made) and oddly enough the 351 2bbl 3 speed manual cars (85 in 71 and 82 in 72). Nothing for 73 jumps out as super rare unless you start breaking down by color and all the other options. Seeing how it is highly unlikely these cars will be sold as a group, the seller is going to have to deal with tire kickers unless he lists all the cars, the VIN's the overall condition, and offers them for sale at one place at one time. Otherwise, he's going to have to spend hours on the phone and he could save himself a whole lot of aggravation by just putting the info out there. This BS of people not wanting people to know who bought this car or that car is ridiculous. It reminds of the guy who owns the Bullitt Mustang that he won't sell or show to anyone. If he's that afraid someone is going to steal it then either insure it or sell it. I got off track but my point is this, as much as we would all like rare cars go to good homes, if the end if someone offers you a wad of dough for car, who's going to refuse. The few people that have the time and money to chase cars will show up, and the tire kicker might get a deal once in a while. I see this happen a lot with estate sales after someone dies and the family just sells off the cars for whatever cash is offered and some lucky person gets a deal of a lifetime.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I would take a different approach. First here are some thoughts. A 72 sprint convertible is rare (50) made but not nearly as valuable as the 42 429 convertibles. While there is only one year difference the 127 cubic inches make the 429 three or four times more valuable to enthusiasts and collectors. Are there other rare convertibles, sure, like the five 71 Q code verts and the 72 HO (13 made) and oddly enough the 351 2bbl 3 speed manual cars (85 in 71 and 82 in 72). Nothing for 73 jumps out as super rare unless you start breaking down by color and all the other options. Seeing how it is highly unlikely these cars will be sold as a group, the seller is going to have to deal with tire kickers unless he lists all the cars, the VIN's the overall condition, and offers them for sale at one place at one time. Otherwise, he's going to have to spend hours on the phone and he could save himself a whole lot of aggravation by just putting the info out there. This BS of people not wanting people they bought this car or that car is ridiculous. It reminds of the guy who owns the Bullitt Mustang that he won't sell or show to anyone. If he's that afraid someone is going to steal it then either insure it or sell it. I got off track but my point is this, as much as we would all like rare cars go to good homes, if the end if someone offers you a wad of dough for car, who's going to refuse. The few people that have the time and money to chase cars will show up, and the tire kicker might get a deal once in a while. I see this happen a lot with estate sales after someone dies and the family just sells off the cars for whatever cash is offered and some lucky person gets a deal of a lifetime.
I see your point Rex and I also see his. Ultimately it is Kevin's choice how he wants to go about his business. I will say that some of the rare cars you've listed are in his stable (no sprint verts though). All I can add is I think he is a straight up guy based on our lengthy conversation. I look forward to my next trip through B'ham to see his cars and possibly adding vert for me in the process (I'll really have to rearrange my finances though to pull something like that off lol). :D

I'd love to be able to add a special vert but unless I can drive it at this point while it gets worked on I wouldn't be able to justify it.

My yard isn't big enough that I could store 6 of them out back ....plus my gate isn't big enough to get one through....and I don't have a hill to let one roll down to create a bigger gate......sorry Don couldn't resist! lollerz

I'd love to be able to add a special vert but unless I can drive it at this point while it gets worked on I wouldn't be able to justify it.

My yard isn't big enough that I could store 6 of them out back ....plus my gate isn't big enough to get one through....and I don't have a hill to let one roll down to create a bigger gate......sorry Don couldn't resist! lollerz
Arrharrharr. But I only have 4 back there right now. :p

Arrharrharr. But I only have 4 back there right now. :p
Hi, Guys. I've enjoyed your posts. I plan to actually post a list of cars in my stable. I particularly enjoyed Rexs' comments. He seems to be well versed on some of the rarest 71-73 verts. I have seen a couple 72 Sprint verts come up for sale in thepast. Only 50 or so made. Cool history. Don't have one though. Happy New Year to everyone!! Kevin.

Kevin: Glad to see you part of this forum. Welcome. I'll be talking to you soon. I have two Birds on e-bay. When gone, I'll make the trip to Bham. Need two projects.

To the rest of the gents on this forum, I can vouch for Kevin. Have had conversations with him for 10 years or so about the 71-73 Mustangs. Recently he sold one of the nicest fastback 71's, 429 CJ (red) in existence. Nicer than factory actually. Not only does he has a large stable, Kevin also is the most knowlegable person I know of regarding the 71-73 Mustangs. I've restored 8-10 or so. But Kevin makes me look like an amateur.

Welcome to the forum, Kevin. Happy New Year. tim c

Hey pastor Tim. Happy New Year! Let me know when you're headed up this way & I'll meet you in B'ham at Kevin's place. I don't have any trips to Tampa in the near future but when I do let's hit that Cuban restaurant again.

Hey Don: Good to hear from you. Thanks for the offer to meet in Bham. Love to do it. My Alabama friends tell me that Cuban food is rather scarce there. Tampa also offers Colombian and Puerto Rican fare. Great stuff. Just had some Puerto Rican food tonight at a wedding I performed.

The market is really slow now. Europe is still not back on board yet in the buying of classic American metal. But it should pick up, both in the US and Europe. My Birds have been on e-bay for a while, too long, in fact. But it is the market that is slow.

As soon as the Birds "fly" away, I give you a shout. The 71-73 DNA in my system is straining to be "on the road again."

God give you and yours a blessed New Year. That goes to everyone on the forum! Pastor Tim

I can respect Kevin's thoughts, but I'm a little confused as to why it would be a big deal. I mean, you see the turd I'm working on and I have no shame sharing it's turdiness with the world. In fact, I'm thinking it'll finally pay off one day when I finally fire it up and everybody (apart from these forums, of course) who have told me it couldn't be done will have to eat their words. Actually, I've gotten quite a lot of support from just about everybody in my life even though I know some have their doubts.

I don't know - I hafta agree with Rex in thinking that it shouldn't be that big of a deal knowing the condition of car when it's taken on as a project.

Props to ya though, Kevin. Can't wait to see and/or hear more from you and your vast knowledge and experience.

Kevin: Glad to see you part of this forum. Welcome. I'll be talking to you soon. I have two Birds on e-bay. When gone, I'll make the trip to Bham. Need two projects.

To the rest of the gents on this forum, I can vouch for Kevin. Have had conversations with him for 10 years or so about the 71-73 Mustangs. Recently he sold one of the nicest fastback 71's, 429 CJ (red) in existence. Nicer than factory actually. Not only does he has a large stable, Kevin also is the most knowlegable person I know of regarding the 71-73 Mustangs. I've restored 8-10 or so. But Kevin makes me look like an amateur.

Welcome to the forum, Kevin. Happy New Year. tim c

Thanks for the kind words, Tim! Hope I have something that interests you. I'm trying to add a few pics of the One Of One Red/Vermillion 429CJ 4spd car you're talking about. Happy New Year to all! Kevin.

1zvq16a.jpg

bezfnp.jpg

2l5755.jpg

25p3joo.jpg

ble6x.jpg

2le2dex.jpg

[
250nss9.jpg
IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/v4oykl.jpg[/img]

az70cx.jpg

4scv9e.jpg

23h0zf4.jpg

2yoad4w.jpg

ou46f8.jpg

2iks5sg.jpg

23ldzqq.jpg

[iM
29frx4w.jpg
G]http://i43.tinypic.com/r0egcp.jpg[/img]

10f6v44.jpg

oa887q.jpg

f43cd3.jpg

Thanks, Eric (LMAO)! Can anyone tell me how to add photos/upload photos to "My Garage?" I'm just trying to get one into the default photo, and it won't upload no matter what I do. The name of the photo appears in the space, then I click on review post, then the line where default photo is supposed to be goes blank. I'm trying to at least upload copies of the Eminger reports for each of my cars. Thanks! Kevin.

Thanks, Eric (LMAO)! Can anyone tell me how to add photos/upload photos to "My Garage?" I'm just trying to get one into the default photo, and it won't upload no matter what I do. The name of the photo appears in the space, then I click on review post, then the line where default photo is supposed to be goes blank. I'm trying to at least upload copies of the Eminger reports for each of my cars. Thanks! Kevin.
I'm all out of ideas. PM Rocketfoot (Barry) he may be able to help. He's the webmaster and forum creator.

The garage does have size requirements in order to protect the forum page margins. You'll have to resize the photos to less than 1024 x 760 pixels. It's a pain but we have to do it or the forum pages would be too huge to display.

Back