• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MANY 71-73 CONVERTIBLES FOR SALE, MOST EXTREMELY RARE WITH VERY DESIREABLE OPTIONS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The garage does have size requirements in order to protect the forum page margins. You'll have to resize the photos to less than 1024 x 760 pixels. It's a pain but we have to do it or the forum pages would be too huge to display.
Perhaps he can just email someone the pics and they can resize them and post them. Any volunteers?

Thanks everybodyfor the compliments on the 71 Red J.code. It was a lot of work to do all that detailing. I sold the car to someone in North Carolina about a year ago. He planned to run it through Barrett Jackson. Maybe he's even on this site. I'm still working on getting some other pics up. Kevin.

Hi Kevin welcome to the site

you have 30 plus more than I have

Ive only got the one

72 convertible

250 six cylinder

T bar auto C6 by the look of it

power roof

wind up windows

and power drum brakes all round

looking forward to seeing your cars

John in Queensland Australia::welcome::

That car is beautiful, but, why go through all that trouble to make it soo factory correct, then put the wrong tires on it.

Actually, I have the exact same tires on my car lol.
Have you driven on bias-ply tires lately?

They suck :( and it's a safety issue :exclamation:.

I sold tires back in the early 80's when Goodyear Wingfoots came out and then the NCT's. Needless to say I never drove anything on bias-ply tires ever again after experiencing what a real tire was. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That car is beautiful, but, why go through all that trouble to make it soo factory correct, then put the wrong tires on it.

Actually, I have the exact same tires on my car lol.
Have you driven on bias-ply tires lately?

They suck :( and it's a safety issue :exclamation:.
I'm sure they do suck, but it just seems like if you are going to go that far, might as well go all the way. Maybe its just me. I figured a car like this was a trailer queen anyways. :p

5 pages.... no pics..... shall we ban him or give him another chance? btw...thanks for posting that CJ. I wish I could have seen in person a 71 " bright red with verm....vermil....ver MILLION interior. I just couldnt get any pics. Didnt like it or didnt think I did so she's black and silver. Still cant say i'd gone with original but that is a BEAUTIFUL car.

OMG!! I stopped coming to site (for no particular reason, just busy with other stuff), and I was just forwarded this thread from 5 years ago! The funny thing is that I had never even seen the last two pages of this thread until now! It is so weird that there was a post condemning me for not putting a set of bias ply tires on that red 429CJ fastback, and it's that very question that led me back to the site after all these years!! So, see, there are people out there that will condemn me for not putting a set of Polyglass GT tires on the 72 R code convertible! But it seems the consensus is that it is best to put a set of radials on the car if it is going to be driven at all.

Back to the story on the red 71 429CJ in this post. I am sick that I sold that car SO CHEAP! $37,500! And it went to Barrett Jackson in California!! I wonder what it sold for? I spent hunderds of hours on that car and maybe made $2,000. What was I thinking!! Please feel free to trash me all you want for that! I guarantee the 72 R code convertible won't go that cheap!! :mad:

I saw the car last year at Barrett Jackson O.C. California. Very nice indeed. ::welcome:: Kevin from San Diego.

Wow, Kevin. I finally saw your post after 5 years (I've been away from the site for a while)! I have always wondered what happened to that car! I sold it waaaaayyyyy too cheap, (for $37,500)! Do you remember what it sold for at Barrett Jackson? Thanks. Kevin.

First time I came across this thread in my 16 months on this site. Very interesting. I remember that red 429cj for sale, and yes it went way too cheap for the work put into it. Kev. You will appreciate the fact that I am currently restoring one of the original 42 J Code convertibles... seeing that you are/we're a vert. fan.

On the issue of the tires, I have already bought a set of BFG radials to put on the original 14X7" wheels for this restoration. I previously went the route of the aftermatket bias ply tires on a Mach J Code I owned. I did not like them at all. I don't plan on driving my restored vert. Much, but when I do, I want to enjoy the ride...

Nice mustang story you have going here.[/u]

I saw the car last year at Barrett Jackson O.C. California. Very nice indeed. ::welcome:: Kevin from San Diego.

Wow, Kevin. I finally saw your post after 5 years (I've been away from the site for a while)! I have always wondered what happened to that car! I sold it waaaaayyyyy too cheap, (for $37,500)! Do you remember what it sold for at Barrett Jackson? Thanks. Kevin.
Sorry I don't recall what it sold for.

Back