most popular colour

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to my books...

All body styles

1971 code V light pewter metallic 17,175

1972 code 9A white 17,175

1973 code 2B bright red 14,827

Don

so far looks like the yellow colours are winning

yellow in various shades lol= 6

med yellow= 2

red = 3

pewter =3

gold glow = 2

met blue = 2

grabber blue 2

white = 1

gray = 1

:runninpony:

I put these informations from the uploaded marty reports ::goodjob:: .

1971 sportroof

Bright red 3560-A 2897 cars

Grabber lime 5001-A 1933 cars

1972 sportroof

Bright red 3560-A 1595 cars

Light pewter metalic 3314-A 3626 cars

Last edited by a moderator:
The 72 Mach1 I sold last year was either medium yellow gold or medium bright yellow, but have always liked blue with argent stripes so that's how I had it painted.

My convertible came to me in sun-baked med. blue poly but will likely go back to the original 4N medium blue aqua with black hood scoops and side stripes. According to Marti only 69 convertibles came with that color combo. Looking at the underpaint I kind of wish Ford had stuck with Grabber Blue in 73 but figure I'll give it a try and see if it grows on me. It will certainly stand out in a crowd... :-/

convert thb.JPG

Medium bright yellow, with scattered ferris oxide blotches, some grey primer but now mostly black rust retorer. At least that's what I think I remember it being when the covers were last taken off some two years ago...

DSC06785.JPG

My 72 convertible originally came with

5H Medium Brown Metallic Paint, Ford #3564-A.

When I got it, it was red with orange peel and runners. :-( That one does NOT count!!

Now it is Corvette yellow. (Yeah, I know, Corvette and all, but I liked the color!:whistling: )

Last edited by a moderator:
My 72 convertible originally came with

5H Medium Brown Metallic Paint, Ford #3564-A.

When I got it, it was red with orange peel and runners. :-( That one does NOT count!!

Now it is Corvette yellow. (Yeah, I know, Corvette and all, but I liked the color!:whistling: )
Mine is actually 1994 Ford Probe yellow...LOL!

Back