My 1973 project daily driver

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time flies when you are waiting on parts and traveling for work.
Quick update.
Talked to the machine shop they hope to have my crankshaft balanced next week. My oil pan and rockers got discontinued by Jegs so I have to get different ones. Still trying to find a good oil pan.
Still need a clutch kit and a single plane intake.
Still hope to have the engine running and in the car this July, keep your fingers crossed.
I used to have an intake. Let me look around this weekend and see if I can find it.

Attachments

• intake1.JPG
    intake1.JPG
    306 KB · Views: 0
  • hintake2.JPG
    hintake2.JPG
    348.3 KB · Views: 0
I know I'm late to the party but I am running the ATI Rattler Harmonic balancer on my 408. Fly wheel was SFI approved when bought. I had a cheaper balancer to start with and had issues with it. ATI was way more expensive at the time but seems to be worth it.
The Rattler damper is actually by TCI. ATI makes a conventional damper. Both are good items.

The Rattler damper is actually by TCI. ATI makes a conventional damper. Both are good items.
You are correct, thanks for making that clear. Another one is innovators west, they look pretty nice and have a lot of options as well.
My top three were TCI (not ATI) rattler , fluid damper and innovators west. I went with the fluid damper for longevity as the fluid takes longer to break down. In reality I doubt I would wear out any of them to the point I would need to rebuild them. Price and availability also came in to help make the decision.

Back