My 72 Mach I Project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1973machi

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach I
I've been working on this car for a little over a year and thought I would show some pictures of the progress. It will have a crate Gen II Coyote in it with a 6R80 transmission. It has the Rod and Custom front cross member with coil over suspension and rack and pinion steering. I used the Chris Alston coil over kit in the rear. I can't take credit for all the metal work. I have a small town shop that is very talented doing that.

Attachments

• bumper.jpg
    bumper.jpg
    974.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Engine7.jpg
    Engine7.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
  • Engine Compartment.jpg
    Engine Compartment.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
  • Engine Compartment2.jpg
    Engine Compartment2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • Door Handles.jpg
    Door Handles.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
  • Front2.jpg
    Front2.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • Bumper1.jpg
    Bumper1.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 2
I'll pass on the compliments to the shop. The same shop did my 73 Mach I body and paint 21 years ago and it still looks great. My goal is to have it on the road early next summer. I have a lot of work to do before then. It will be painted the Mustang deep impact blue. I think we are going to ghost in the stripes on the sides, trunk and hood.

Nice.
Can you supply a close-up photo on how the strut rod bracket/mount is tied into the body structure at the rear of your car. Thanks.
Chris
I can see if I have one. It is actually a cradle that is located and bolted through the factory shock bolt locations through the floor. There is a front piece that is welded and bolted to the pinion snubber and the back of the cradle is welded to the rear frame rails. I like that it was located with the shock holes.

Pictures from Friday. We removed the lower turn signals and cut out a piece of honeycomb to fill in the lower gap. We are going to modify the factory lights in the grille.

Attachments

• front3.jpg
    front3.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
  • radiator.jpg
    radiator.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 1
Correct, the coils on the coyote mount on top of the valve cover. The fabricated aluminum valve/cam covers just left them exposed. I wanted to cover the coils up.

Back