My '73 Grande

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roy, nothing against the Boss hood but it came down to personal preference. I guess I just like that "look" or how it will look. Keep in mind that the car will have the "Mach 1 grills" - - front and rear.

Again, not trying to build a clone but am putting "my" touch to it, especially since it has the big block (472) Ford motor, modified C6 and 3:50 traction lok.

EVERYTHING is upgraded to the way that I envision Ford would have done it, if they could have legally done so using the BBF motor in 1973:).

BT
Cool just curious, as I tell everyone build it the want YOU want it. It will be killer

Here is another teaser:)!

Keep in mind that the Boss 351 stripes, grille and "other markings" have not yet been applied.

s45afm.jpg

vq7jn7.jpg

2a7a6ww.jpg

"Little different" from original pictures, I think!

BT

027.JPG

Awesome! Can't wait to see it done and on the road! :D

THANKS for the positive comments!

I think the "striping" that will be applied will break up "the GOLD" even more. I find it hard to believe that with a few minor adjustments to the body, this PUPPY is done. The motor (472, 060 460), transmission, rear end and interior are ALL done - - it is ready for real enjoyment. Can't believe it is nearly finished.

Now, it is ON to the Mach 1 and similar (but more substantive) upgrades as the Grande was just the trial run! The Grande (Ice) with an estimated 550 HP is the cruiser...the Mach 1 (Fire) with a projected estimation of 800+ will be the BRUISER!

As y'all can probably tell, I am pumped:).

BT

THANKS for the positive comments!

I think the "striping" that will be applied will break up "the GOLD" even more. I find it hard to believe that with a few minor adjustments to the body, this PUPPY is done. The motor (472, 060 460), transmission, rear end and interior are ALL done - - it is ready for real enjoyment. Can't believe it is nearly finished.

Now, it is ON to the Mach 1 and similar (but more substantive) upgrades as the Grande was just the trial run! The Grande (Ice) with an estimated 550 HP is the cruiser...the Mach 1 (Fire) with a projected estimation of 800+ will be the BRUISER!

As y'all can probably tell, I am pumped:).

BT
You will have to take me for a ride in September

Don't forget...after the maiden voyage, get some calendar quality pics! I'm still holding January's COTM spot for you! :D

TNFASTBK - Not only will get the opportunity for a ride; I will even let you drive it. You will get the opportunity to see how a "mild" REAL Big Block feels with all that TORQUE:)!

ROCKETFOOT - I know I have been promising and promising so YES, GREAT photos will be on the way on the Grande and the ENGINE with full descriptions.

BT

TNFASTBK - Not only will get the opportunity for a ride; I will even let you drive it. You will get the opportunity to see how a "mild" REAL Big Block feels with all that TORQUE:)!

ROCKETFOOT - I know I have been promising and promising so YES, GREAT photos will be on the way on the Grande and the ENGINE with full descriptions.

BT
:udaman: Ok but you have seen videos of me driving:D

Very nice job!

Motor sounds like a very serious GROUND-POUNDER.

I think car looks really good w/o the Boss stripes.

But I'm sure it will look good with them, too!

Ray

is your vinyl roof brown? if yes is it correct material for the roof ?, i had trouble replacing mine had to use normal interior vinyl material as vinyl roof material only comes in black and white, if you know where i could get some proper vinyl in brown please let me know

No, Fangstang, I went with the black.

I never even consider brown since I was changing the "Grande" appearance to the "Sports Coupe" concept.

Perhaps Don (at OMS) will chime in as he may be more aware of a possible source. Failing that, you might give him a call or shoot him a PM.

BT

Attached are a couple of more "Teasers."

Actually, the only thing missing are the "stripes" and the "Hood graphics."

2vubqfp.jpg

33ll6pw.jpg

Yes, there are about 25 other Mustangs in there undergoing restoration and/or modifications.

BT

STRIPES are on!!

Still a couple of "fitment" issues and the install of the hood graphics but everything else is done.

We are getting there!

2wg53j7.jpg

24o3hbp.jpg

BT

Oh man! I can't wait to see some HQ pics! Looks like it's gonna be a close twin to my coupe! :D

Back