My '73 Grande

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I picked "Ice" up today and am going to do some minor detailing over the next couple of weeks. I took a couple of pictures in the approximate same spot that it was in on this original post.

33b2yo2.jpg

2me1u29.jpg

2ntxuzq.jpg

2s6ptma.jpg

zvd4k4.jpg

After this "learning experience", I am now ready to start in on "Fire" with a SERIOUS approach:)!

BT

That is bad ass. I like the stripes but the 472 is killer. I will stick with my 351 but I may have to build me a 429 ram air mach1 in the future.

Oh hell no. I like the original one. It weighs enough to take out Arnold if thrown just right. I actually get worried when I am putting gas in the car that it will scratch the trunk its so heavy. Its a weapon I tell you.

Wow Cobra, I have to say this is one of the nicest coupes I have ever seen in my life. I have a 71 Grande and will be doing a lot of things to her to make it a "one off". She was my very first car when I was 15 and have kept it all these years. I did a mild restore on her back in 2003, but it was to what I could afford at the time. This time it will be as to what I want. I have paced back and forth about keeping the vinyl top, but after seeing yours, I have made my decision to keep it. The only big difference I see is that I am going to try and do all of the metal replacement and fab myself, teaching myself as I go of course. How well did the hood fit the car right out of the box, did you buy the Dynacorn? Anyway, sorry for the rambling, great job on the Stang, Paint Is Awesome! Enjoy tearing up the pavement!

Wow Cobra, I have to say this is one of the nicest coupes I have ever seen in my life. I have a 71 Grande and will be doing a lot of things to her to make it a "one off". She was my very first car when I was 15 and have kept it all these years. I did a mild restore on her back in 2003, but it was to what I could afford at the time. This time it will be as to what I want. I have paced back and forth about keeping the vinyl top, but after seeing yours, I have made my decision to keep it. The only big difference I see is that I am going to try and do all of the metal replacement and fab myself, teaching myself as I go of course. How well did the hood fit the car right out of the box, did you buy the Dynacorn? Anyway, sorry for the rambling, great job on the Stang, Paint Is Awesome! Enjoy tearing up the pavement!

[/quo

Actually the hood was a NOS unit that was on the car when I purchased it @in 2002. Other than the paint (and graphics):), all that I had to do relative to the hood was to install the locks.

BT

After looking at the pics yet again, I'm still in awe! Those wheels look great! Vintage Wheels? They have me rethinking my dog dish plans for my M code.

Friggin' awesome car BT!

THANKS for all the positive comments. I still have a couple of issues to work out. The main one has to do with the shift linkage. The transmission is an original column shift and when it was built, I neglected to have the builder reverse the shift lever in the transmission. I subsequently purchased a TCI shift lever which allowed me to set up the linkage without tearing into the transmission again. Unfortunately, I have the wrong shift rod, so "Drive" is not where it is suppose to be..will resolve that issue shortly.

71_badmach, I have been able to "get into it", albeit relatively gently and it is a true "TORQUE Monster." I must say that I am pleased with what I have wrought:)!

Yes, Don65Stang, those are Vintage 45 wheels (16 X 8) at all four corners with BFG G-Force KDW ZR 245/50/16 tires. This is, after all, my "highway" Mustang.

Again, Thanks for the comments.

BT

Back