My recent Thrift Scores

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Grande will undergo three phase build process. Phase 1 is complete (driver). Phase 2 is interior/exterior restoration. Phase 3 is ++ performance.
My wife is a eBay reseller, so I am her Thrift store helper. Yesterday, I scored these 4 paperback DUY books for $1 each. If anyone just has to have it, after I read it, I’ll pass it along. I enjoy reading these period-correct books, which used vehicles like ours as the basis of the instructions. Steve

38DFD5F8-8EB4-4561-8982-32D29C047077.jpeg

Yep, they are the same book, first verses forth edition. I couldn’t pass it up for $1. As I said, if someone needs one of these, let me know.

Just as an aside, the “determining the condition of your motor” section of the Ford Overhaul book is quite good. I wish there was an easy way to post it in the maintenance section so when we get a new poster who asks, we could direct them there to self-discover the problem/solution.

Looks like the same guy on the two bodywork books, just a number of years apart.
Yep, he looks a little older and a little less angry...

So, I looked at the caption for the cover photos; not the same guy. First edition cover is a guy named George Barris, while the forth edition is a guy named Joe Bailon. I recognize both names.

Back