Name that part

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parforever

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1
Can anybody tell me what these are? Pretty sure they go to my dash but not sure where they go..pics would be great :)

20131002_192956.jpg

Can anybody tell me what these are? Pretty sure they go to my dash but not sure where they go..pics would be great :)
I don't have my P/N guide in front of me right now but it looks like the one on the left goes from the drivers A-Pillar to the metal structure over the steering column. Were they originally black? If so they may be the two parts that go from the A-Pillar to the underside of the dash for the lower mounting bolts.

Kcmash,

You are on the money! 045F38 Reinforcement -Instrument Panel Brace to Cowl Side Panel (D1ZZ-65045F38-A) Should be natural finish.

2957p5l.jpg

Source: Ford Master Parts Catalog C: May 1975

mustang7173 :D

Ok, so I'm in the middle of an off frame restore. Had to have somebody put in new cowl and floor pans and well you know the rust of the story (that was a funny)

I ended up with two of these when it came back and think I only need the one and they put an extra one in my car when I picked it up.

Thanks for the help!

Latest posts

Back