Need a book advise!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang sportsroof
1970 Mustang Hardtop
1972 Mercedes Benz 350 SLC European Version
1950 Ford Custom coupé
Hey guys!! as many of you could red here and there, i´m also restoring a 1970 hardtop, with some accident problem in the front area (shock towers are funny and it seems to be badly repaired everywhere)...

I also know all mustangs tend to be "soft" in the front area specially when they´re running big heavy engines so, as it is difficult to find propper information online i have to ask:

Is there any body shop book or something that i can get in order to work with official measurements?? How do a body shop fixes estructural damages in accidented cars??

Here and there you can find some JPG files with some measurements but they are not totally referenced and clear so, maybe if we establish a good book/sourse to get all the measurements we need to repair or even check how our mustangs are in that matter... i thinkl that could be useful to everyone..

I know theres some guy here that are trully artists of the body work (yes, i´m a Scotts fan! jeje) so maybe going to an official sourse and knowing what book to buy shouldn´t be so hard...

Thanks!!!

FIRST BOOK YOU SHOULD GET IS THE SHOP MANUAL FROM FORD.i AM NOT SURE IF IT HAS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR BUT IT WILL DEFINITELY BE HANDY. {OOPS LEFT THE CAPS LOCK ON BUT i'M TO LAZY TO REWRITE THIS HAHAHA:D::shrug::

FIRST BOOK YOU SHOULD GET IS THE SHOP MANUAL FROM FORD.i AM NOT SURE IF IT HAS WHAT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR BUT IT WILL DEFINITELY BE HANDY. {OOPS LEFT THE CAPS LOCK ON BUT i'M TO LAZY TO REWRITE THIS HAHAHA:D::shrug::
Jejej!! nice you´re not shouting that at me! :p

I´m gonna try to find a shop manual, you´re right.. for what i´ve seen, that´s what people uses the most when restoring...

Besides the body work there´s gonna be a lot of putting all back together with the right nut and bolt wherever it should be... that´s not gonna be easy just by common scense....

I´ll talk to Don OMS about this book, he might have the shop manual for sale and that should be a start.

Thanks! :)

Latest posts

Back