Need help from you guys!!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigPinoyHunk

could you guys show me what you guys have for a cross member for a c4 transmission? i have a original c6 and i have the cross member that has a double hole on one side and the single hole on the other. i believe the c4 and 4 speed cross member is the one with a double hole on both sides.

any help and pics would be appreciated!

Sly_drums has a post asking about his C4 trans. He may know..

I took a few pictures, I hope it helps as best I could from the ground. This is a stock 1972 C4.

It looks exactly like the link for the C4 that MotoArts posted.

-KR

IMG_20130311_234016.jpg

IMG_20130311_234045.jpg

if this is the case, then it looks as if the 67-70 c4 cross member is exactly the same! it makes sense cuz a 67-73 AOD and 5spd aftermarket cross member is the same too.

there alot of parts that only say 67-70 but really they fit our cars, like a coil over for example.

thanks for the help guys. it looks like i need a new cross member.

what is that hook poking away from the cross member? e-brake cable?

Last edited:
My crossmember doesn't have that hook so I stand corrected. I can'think imagine that's for the parking brake but then again I'm a novice. Maybe its a protector for the speedo cable.

-KR

Last edited by a moderator:
Dunno, I never have seen that appendage either.

Must be for something specific to the early cars.

That's from an an earlier car. I just pulled the 3 speed from a 66 I picked up for my son and it had the same mount. There is a bar that mates the brake cable to the bracket in question.

Olie I have a c4 in my 71 coupe. If you need pictures let me know, or if you are heading south on the 101 stop by my shop and take a look as I'm probably the closest member to you.

Are you thinking of something like a Performance Automatic unit?

Devin

That's from an an earlier car. I just pulled the 3 speed from a 66 I picked up for my son and it had the same mount. There is a bar that mates the brake cable to the bracket in question.

Olie I have a c4 in my 71 coupe. If you need pictures let me know, or if you are heading south on the 101 stop by my shop and take a look as I'm probably the closest member to you.

Are you thinking of something like a Performance Automatic unit?

Devin
funny how you probably are. i am from oxnard but i'm stationed near sacramento.

i looked at the pictures above and it looks like the 65-66 is the one that has that hook and the 67-73 doesn't. i found one here locally at the junkyard from a 67 cougar that looks the same.

i am thinking something along the lines of Performance Automatic or going with a powerglide with someone locally.

if i go glide, i need to find a way to adapt factory cable to a chebby trans.

Back