Needs Identified

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q code 4 speed
1973 Chevelle 454 SS
2005 Magnum RT
2008 Colorado
Found the white tube laying on the floor and then found the switch after. 1 male and 1 female spade connector. Not a clue where it came from but I've been working on the dash and wiring harnesses. :huh:

DSCN2550.JPG

Metal case is the constant voltage regulator, but for the earlier 54.5-68 models without the circuit card.

Am I right?

It looks like a dash voltage regulator it has a adjustment screw but it isn't for a stock 71-73 dashboard, ours uses a 9 volt battery type snap connector not tabs

I don't think the VR was hooked up in your car - are there clean marks on the tabs?

I think the straw type tube was used in a lot of 70's Mustangs. That one seems too short though - did you find a small mirror too :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Good one Don! +1 on the others comments. I would say these go in the extra parts bin. You know, the one you go back to when it doesn't start or things don't work as expected. Problem is, I have several of those, but the darn things keep running.

Latest posts

Back