new brakes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking something like this is more my speed (not to mention - more affordable): http://www.jegs.com/i/Right-Stuff/965/ZDCDS01/10002/-1?parentProductId=1164460

There are a bunch of different 9" rear disc conversion kits available. I was thinking about klooging together a Crown-Vic or Cobra rear-disc setup using junkyard brackets and new calipers, but with the prices coming down on rear-disc conversions, there's really no need to go to the 'yard for used junk anymore. My local 'yard won't sell just the brackets, calipers, or anything brake-related off a rear axle - you gotta buy the whole thing for $350. Might as well wait a few days for a box from JEGS (or insert your favorite vendor here).

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking something like this is more my speed (not to mention - more affordable): http://www.jegs.com/i/Right-Stuff/965/ZDCDS01/10002/-1?parentProductId=1164460

There are a bunch of different 9" rear disc conversion kits available. I was thinking about klooging together a Crown-Vic or Cobra rear-disc setup using junkyard brackets and new calipers, but with the prices coming down on rear-disc conversions, there's really no need to go to the 'yard for used junk anymore. My local 'yard won't sell just the brackets, calipers, or anything brake-related off a rear axle - you gotta buy the whole thing for $350. Might as well wait a few days for a box from JEGS (or insert your favorite vendor here).
i can prob save you a little money on that set up. If you notice who it is from (Right Stuff) my buddy is a dealer for them

i wouldn't go with this aftermarket stuff cuz if the company goes out or just stops making the pads or rotors then you've done and spending alot of money on custom made rotors or pads from a company.

i'd stick with companies that makes brackets that you can bolt up modern style mustang brakes like the 94-04 gt/cobra's.

I don't get it.

You guys go to all the trouble of making your cars fast....and then you want to stop?

I used Ultrastangs brackets and Mark VIII calipers and rotors. Including new rotors and custom hoses it was around $250--and replacement parts are at Autozone if needed.

i can prob save you a little money on that set up. If you notice who it is from (Right Stuff) my buddy is a dealer for them
Sweet! I'll let'cha know. :D

I'll stick with my Bear Brakes. Actually I have a set of Willwood brakes I the rear of my '68. They're fine but I really like the Bears. And they are made by PBR out of Australia. They make the Cobra brakes and brakes for the corvette.

I used Ultrastangs brackets and Mark VIII calipers and rotors. Including new rotors and custom hoses it was around $250--and replacement parts are at Autozone if needed.
There is the key...Autozone if needed.

Back