New guy with one hell of a project

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll get pics once I actually have the car. Lol. Not much to she. It's basically just a pile of parts.

Hi Pheonix, welcome from Miami! What a feeling to finally have the car you've been keeping an eye on all that time. Same thing happened to me with my coupe many years ago. Even had a mach1 available for the same price, and I was so set on the damn coupe I just went for it the moment the opportunity arose. Happy for you man, hopefully it'll be a fun project and it comes together quickly. Keep us posted! The bright minds in here will provide the technical (and moral) support you need to get through it ::thumb::

Thank you, Blue. It probably needs more work than its worth bit I don't care. As soon as I work out the details I'll be posting picturea for sure. I'm excited to get started.

Thank you, Blue. It probably needs more work than its worth bit I don't care. As soon as I work out the details I'll be posting picturea for sure. I'm excited to get started.
It will definitely need more work than it's worth but that's not why you're doing it...if it is, run away now! lollerz If you are doing it for the passion you have for the car, then by all means do it! You have found the right place for help too. The guys circling around your post are the most helpful enthusiastic 7173 Mustang sharks in the world. They will become your friends and support group for the great times ahead. (and the "what the hell was I thinking" times as well) Good luck, take a deep breath and dive in, we won't bite! ::thumb::

The pIle of parts is going for in the range of free. Lol. I've known this guy my whole life and is my dad's friend. While he hasn't yet said as much I know he won't ask very much for it if anything. This car will be a keeper and a great learning experience

Welcome from West TN. Take a couple of deep breaths after you get the car and prioritize your approach. Not sure how much experience you have in the restoration area. Sometimes lessons learned in your first time can be expensive. Please do not hesitate to survey this group on steps and processes as you go forward. Know and expect that you will get some varying responses from folks across the group, but appreciate that it will give you a broader picture and other things to consider as well as knowledge from some of our learning/mistakes. Glad to hear about your passion for this car and happy you joined our little family here. Keep us posted and let us know when you have questions.

Welcome to the addiction, er.. I mean club! I know exactly how you feel and its pretty cool. These cars have a way of getting under your skin and propelling us to work on them and eventually drive them. Lots of great people on this site to help you get there.

Scott

Welcome from Seattle, Sounds like a big project but when it's done, you have it just the way you like it.

Staci

Thanks guys I plan to get pictures this week sometime. I figure it will give the girlfriend and I something to work on together.

Hey, I'm also from nova scotia and built a 73 sports roof, 2500 hours later 23 panels and tons of cash I built the stang attached in pic, I have some left over parts if your ever in yarmouth, hit me up . sold my 73 went to england.

WOW why can I never find a buyer like you. You know they do make medicine for what you have I take it. I turned down a never painted 73 red fastback last week for $3,000, no rust no body damage. I am doing much better.

Welcome to the forum or the asylum. I am in North Carolina so you got the bug from someone else was not me.

David

Back