Oil change or not

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A oil filter is "too filter" . Oil that got by passed No. High volume oil pumps is even a more No.... Just saying...

I've run Autolite/Motorcraft FL-1-A from day one on everything from 4 cylinders to big blocks. Not one oil filter failure at all! If you have something really nasty under the hood or do some serious racing the FL-1-HP is for high performance applications.

I run Mobil 1 Synthetic in all of my cars except the Mustang. Walmart has the best price on the 5 quart jugs and I can get an AC Delco filter for my truck, an FL1A for the Mustang and whatever the Subaru takes.

Stanglover please use a different brand of oil filter, fram is at rockbottom for quality.
I agree Fram filters were once a great choice. They have become junk.  I only use Wix or Napa which is also made by Wix

Ron

Stanglover please use a different brand of oil filter, fram is at rockbottom for quality.
I agree Fram filters were once a great choice. They have become junk.  I only use Wix or Napa which is also made by Wix

Ron
The company I worked for had 9 corporations one was Scotland Mfg. in N.C. near Charlotte next to the old AFB where they use to do speed runs, slips my mind. They stamped the filter shells for all of the makers including the huge ones for tractor trailers. Not rocket science. What goes inside the canister is what counts. Some people do cut their filters open to see what is in it and if any metal you know something is about to fail and tear it down. That is one of the last things they do on a NASCAR engine is look in the filter. That is why they sometimes change the engine and start in the rear to be safe, found something in the filter.

I have a double oil filters on the 73, with my two last Fram's (the handy ones with the butt with that "grip" thingy)

have 8 quarts oil + volume pump.

When I drove the car almost daily years ago, always felt bad to change an oil that was that clear.

Never had the patience to wait to let the oil even turn brownish with this setup.

For filters, I use what I can find here that fits Ph8A for us cars. Currently I have 4 delco's, also used for my 5.0 t-bird.

On an healthy engine, its all about the oil quality and changing it+filter on regular basis.

I've posted some oil infos in a not "oil" related thread a while back for Europeans in need of good oil for flat taped pre-90 engines.

https://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-adjusting-rockers?page=2

more on the last page too.

Back