Opinions on Carbs

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
>Double pump carbs all have a secondary metering block, I've never seen >one with a plate and I don't think the rear accelerator pump would clear >the baseplate either. What's the list # on the air horn?

The one i was talking about is a very old holley that was a 4 corner with double accel pumps(30cc) :) the rear pump will clear but with a spacer. but i took that off for another 650 and later a 550 and then a 750, its in the attic so i don't know the #.

>At cruise, all fuel comes from the primary bowl and block, nothing from the >secondary, unless you have a 4-corner idle circuit carb. Even then you're >still on the primaries. A big "issue" with DP carbs is the primary jets are set >rich with a leaner power valve setting. Ten minutes with jets and a drill >fixes that issue.

at the time i wanted to lean the primaries a lot, and i wanted to bring down the secondaries also, doesn't matter any more however. i drilled a lot of things and unfortunately i ended up wrecking things. :( so no more drilling for me. the old 650 was a 4 corner carb also. i've actually gone through 2 different 650 DP and one 550CFM edelbrock and finally the new 750cfm

and i have a 770CFM still in a box i never tried it.

Latest posts

Back