PVC hose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Mach 1
I bought my second PVC hose and now I'm starting to get pissed. The first hose I bought from CJ pony parts was nothing more then heater hose and didn't last very long and the very vapers that it was venting turned it into mush. I contacted CJ's and returned it as requested and they promptly sent me another exactly like the first. Well I threw it in my parts bone yard and reinstalled the original Ford hose that came on the car. Now I just bought another from Mustangs Unlimited it's a Scott Drake piece and looked perfect and was definitely not heater hose and had Ford markings and was supposed to be for 71-73 351 Cleveland motors. Well I tried to install it only to find its about 3 inches short. I give up.

mrmach1... Return that last hose for a refund.. Shop around for a pcv hose that will fit and function for you.. The more Chinese junk we send back to China, the sooner they will understand that their products are crap.

Suggestion.. Try EBay for that hose.. I found an oem pcv hose for my Mach - 351c there for $18.00.. Perfect..

My new PVC hose seems to short. Doesn't fit on the valve properly. Also this is my PCV valve, 9 months old and it's leaking. Is this because the oil is getting to hot or is it a poor quality valve?

4567_zps33gbw9us.jpg

mrmach1, sorry to hear your having problems with yet another piece of crap repo part. A non fitting PCV hose can be just as maddening as a quarter panel that doesn't fit. A lot of them use inferior hose which "sponges" or collapses with the oil vapors or the one size fits all, and we know how that goes.

The 70 351C used a hose (DOAZ-6A664-C) that was approx. 15 1/4" long. The 71/ hose (D1OZ-6A664-B) is approx. 23 1/2" long. The repo listings only seem to say "made long cut to fit" and not how long they actually are.

As piper62j suggested, shop around. I've seen prices from $20.00-$120.00. So just a matter of being at the right place at the right time. The 71-72 429 Police Interceptor, and 71 429 CJ/SCJ used the same hose so at least there are other fitment possibilities. If you wanted to stay with the Scott Drake hose until you find the proper replacement, you could insert a section of tube the same size as the stub on the rear of your carburetor and extend to the length that it is needed. That's something I've seen on factory hoses and works fine.

Like piper62j said, keep sending that &%#@* junk back. Eventually they will get the message when we start talking with the $$$ they love so much!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Steve you are absolutely correct and the D10Z-6A664-B is very hard to find. I wish the people at Mustangs Unlimited and Scott Drake reproductions had put that information and application's correctly in their catalog and saved me from this frustration. The hose they sent me is for 1970 and 1973 w/351C applications only and is too short for 71-72 with 351Cleveland 4V and 2V engines. The good folks at West Coast Cougar actually put this information in their catalog. Thanks all for your input

So here's what I did: I bought some fuel line hose and cut an exact length needed and mated it to the new PCV hose I had purchased using a piece of stainless steel tube. It's almost invisible unless you really look for it. Question What do you Boss 351 guys do? If your car is going to be concourse correct and you have the correct 4300D carb and you need a PCV Hose?

Back