Re-plumbing the factory PCV to a Holley 4150/4160

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The port on the carb you are using is for the vac advance.
Since I still don't know who is being addressed here, neither my 4160 nor Will E's 2300 triple setup is plumbed wrong.

The large port on the carb base is for PCV, while the small port on the metering block is for the vacuum advance. Simple as that.

(From: http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/wagoneer/401/pics/carb_right2.jpg)

carb_right2.jpg

-Kurt

My apologies. In the initial pics you showed the 4160 with he port on the front which i read to mean you were using that for the pcv. All the pics didnt open. Now i see the 4160 has the bigger port on the psngr side rather than in the rear. My misake.

My apologies. In the initial pics you showed the 4160 with he port on the front which i read to mean you were using that for the pcv. All the pics didnt open. Now i see the 4160 has the bigger port on the psngr side rather than in the rear. My misake.
No problem - but to be specific, that's the original PCV line for the Autolite 4300A, which has a PCV port out the back of the carb (there is no PCV/EGR spacer plate on the '71 351C), at the center.

-Kurt

Last edited by a moderator:
Back