• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Really Tempted

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, lets hear what happened today! Did you make the purchase?
+1 OLE PONY

Do tell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ray
Well I didnt want to post this until I had time to download some pic's of it! But the only thing holding that car together was the rust. Both rear 1/4's were half eaten away, the trunk lid was half eaten away. The front fenders were full of cancer the drivers side was crushed, The hood was about the only salvagable piece of sheet metal and with some work maybe the passenger door.. Rear end of car was caved in, the front bumper was damaged beyond repair the interior was all there but in pretty rough shape. It had an 351C 2V and an FMX in it. Couldnt see the floor but I seriously doubt it was any good after seeing the rest of the metal!!! So sorry to say I didnt even make an offer on it! I even had a friend on the wait to come pick it up! It did have all good glass in it but that wasnt worth me going thru the hassle of getting it home!! The Pic's on CL made it look a whole hell of a lot better than it was!! :?(

The Pic's on CL made it look a whole hell of a lot better than it was!! :?(
I was going to say - what car did he take the pictures of because the car in the picture look completely different from what you are describing!
I'll try to put some pics of it up tomorrow!

I was going to say - what car did he take the pictures of because the car in the picture look completely different from what you are describing!
I'll try to put some pics of it up tomorrow!
BUMMER!:-/

Sounds like that one isn't going to make it. Did you get it's VIN to add to the database?
I meant to get the VIN and totally forgot! Its a shame it was so bad, I want to start a list of Mustangs like you have. But I do think my next oned will be a 70 Mach 1 then maybe a 68 GT... :?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks. My wife would like a green '68 vert. That will be the next one I buy.
Would she like an 07 Vert? Getting ready to sell the one I have! The wife wanted a mustang vert since I met her I bought her the 07 Vert in 09. Now she's back in her Lincoln. She likes the comfort, ride and all the bells and whistles!Basically she Marked having a vert off of her "Bucket List" !

232323232fp635_2_nu=;6_9_;6__258_WSNRCG=349_36_344349nu0mrj.jpg

That's more proof how misleading pictures can be. It always pays to check out a car in person before buying.

Went back to the ad and zoomed in, I can see the rust in the doors and rear quarters. However there are plenty of good salvageable parts on that chassis. It has front disk brakes and 351C. The brakes would be worth $100 plus for someone with drum brakes. The glass looks all intact, seats are in place. To me, worth it in parts.

Back