Rear Bumper Fillers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow all these little tidbits you would of never known without these great forums, so now we learned the 73 rear bumper is mounted differently than the 71-72 because of this silly 5 mph impact law, now I know why no one sell a repro 73 rear bumper brkt!

why are 73 parts so hard to come by? sounds like less trouble to get the 71-72 brkts and forget the rubber quarter panel fillers and metal bumper panel filler, they are expensive on ebay and I just bought one! dang!on another note I cant find motor mounts for a 73 351 cleveland engine, how come?

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I had a few earlier posts on this thread with guestimates... here's another... :D I wouldn't think the motor mounts would be different for a 351C from 71-72? I'm sure there'll be other's along to confirm or correct my guess :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Since I had a few earlier posts on this thread with guestimates... here's another... :D I wouldn't think the motor mounts would be different for a 351C from 71-72? I'm sure there'll be other's along to confirm or correct my guess :cool:
I ask because all listing in parts catalogs only show 71-72 motor mounts for 351C and not for a 73? thanks bro

The 73 has less new and Reproduction parts available than all the 65-72 years..uggh!

wow all these little tidbits you would of never known without these great forums, so now we learned the 73 rear bumper is mounted differently than the 71-72 because of this silly 5 mph impact law, now I know why no one sell a repro 73 rear bumper brkt!

why are 73 parts so hard to come by? sounds like less trouble to get the 71-72 brkts and forget the rubber quarter panel fillers and metal bumper panel filler, they are expensive on ebay and I just bought one! dang!on another note I cant find motor mounts for a 73 351 cleveland engine, how come?
You would also need to change the quarter panel extensions

Clam shell type motor mount kit available at summit racing,

Look up member " totaled " I think he got the kit.

Or switch your frame mounts to the 71-2 mounts and then use standard motor mounts

You would also need to change the quarter panel extensions

Clam shell type motor mount kit available at summit racing,

Look up member " totaled " I think he got the kit.

Or switch your frame mounts to the 71-2 mounts and then use standard motor mounts
Thanks OMS for great knowledge! I will do that

Back