Resto mod

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the kind words Ken and Doc, and everyone. The positive energy keeps me going! Almost done with the fuse panel bracket. Tedious bending and measuring and welding.

I would like to take this oppertunity to also thank the inventors of velcro and self-tapping screws. Fuse panel bracket tack welded in place. It's a cheap looking panel from Rebel wire, but it will be hidden anyway.

fuse panel2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A salvage electric fan put in a factory style fan guard. Not sure it will move enough air for A/C sitting still in traffic, but it's not a hard thing to change later if it doesn't cut it.

fan shroud.jpg

I hope I can get this thing together in time. Going to take a good swing at this project all weekend. Cleaning and prepping! The boring but important step.

intake1.jpg

It seems like it will never be going back together. Trying to talk myself into ripping out the headliner while I'm this far in. I feel like it woul be stupid not to go ahead and do it, but damn, I need to be driving to South Carolina on the 11th of august.

interior1.jpg

It seems like it will never be going back together. Trying to talk myself into ripping out the headliner while I'm this far in. I feel like it woul be stupid not to go ahead and do it, but damn, I need to be driving to South Carolina on the 11th of august.
The way I see it? When you do something, do it thoroughly. If you rush things you will be done faster but also disappointed faster and you´ll have to start over again.

Ask me how I know that..... :mad:

Thanks again for the positive comments. I will take my time, but I will try to put in as much time as I can instead of playing xbox or watching tv for the next few weeks. Might take you up on your offer to help! Here's a picture of the shock tower supports in place.

This is gonna be a blast to watch. I'm all in!!!
I'll be flying low through birmingham with any luck on the 10th or 11th of aug. Watch for me!

brace2.jpg

Thanks again for the positive comments. I will take my time, but I will try to put in as much time as I can instead of playing xbox or watching tv for the next few weeks. Might take you up on your offer to help! Here's a picture of the shock tower supports in place.

I'll be flying low through birmingham with any luck on the 10th or 11th of aug. Watch for me!
Those shock tower supports are totally cool! Awesome job.

Those shock tower supports are totally cool! Awesome job.
Thanks! I was going to make some tubular ones, but I decided this looked more original and custom at the same time.

I used the aod trasmission that I got with the engine. Had it rebuilt while it was out, and it fit with no problem. I had to make a crossmember, but it wasn't hard at all. Tied it all together with an aftermarket wiring harness made by "the detail zone". I can start the car and drive it right now with no wiring inside. One aligator clip and a screwdriver to cross the solenoid. Made everything simple. (the way I like it)

wiring.jpg

Back