Resto mod

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for the rustproofing to dry. Dying to put in the new headliner I got for 40 bucks or so from dallas mustang. Hope it doesn't suck. Meanwhile, I saw this while I was out buying closed-cell foam from a hvac place for insulation. I think it's a good omen!

Anonymach 1.jpg

Time to tackle the headliner. I am a little intimidated because I've never tried one before, but it was only 40 bucks, so I can always order another one and take it to the local upholstery shop if it looks terrible.

headliner.jpg

Tore out the headliner yesterday. Not too terrible with a little cleanup.

Cleaned, prepped, and coated with POR15, and tonight a few sheets of hushmat to take the "bong" out of the roof.

headliner2.jpg

headliner3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
always cool to see that im not only one who went the 5.0 EFI route

which by the way you have inspired me to retry my export braces on my car now.

Very cool. Did you put your battery in the trunk? I was thinking of relocating mine there.

Great thread! When you're done I'll gladly fly you to CT to finish mine in 4 weeks :p

Seems like every time I get rolling on mine a ton of other crap comes up and it sits again for a month :( I'll be happier than a pig in slop if mine is even close to being done by next spring!

Keep up the good work!

You don't have to fly me. It would be more fun to rock my Mach up there loaded with tools and tunes! Just get that thing together enough to drive it. It's more fun to work on a car when you can at least drive it to the gas station for junk food when you are done.

Very cool. Did you put your battery in the trunk? I was thinking of relocating mine there.
yes I did and it helped with running the Spectre air filter. eventually I will redo the intake setup but for now it works. BTW what are the specs on ur motor? I really like how ur car is coming along. right now my car is my daily d til I fix fix my truck but I love the drivability and reliability factor.

My motor is basically a stock 92 5.0, with a cobra intake, and a larger throttle body. I am going to bolt on some nice roller rockers that I have, and that will be about it until I blow it up.

Delay! I count five bows on my original headliner, and I count four places to insert bows into my new one from dallas mustang. Either I clicked "coupe" or they sent me the wrong one. Ugh.

headliner4.jpg

Delay! I count five bows on my original headliner, and I count four places to insert bows into my new one from dallas mustang. Either I clicked "coupe" or they sent me the wrong one. Ugh.
Patience, Grasshopper. ;)

I'm sorry, but I had to say that. I know it's frustrating when you hit snags like this. I had a number of them when I rebuilt my truck.

Update: Airconditioner box mounted, and defrost adapter installed. Lots of details covered tonight, insulation on firewall, repaired emergency brake, painted dash frame.

airbox.jpg

Ok, this doesn't look complicated. Well, not much. Ok, it's a little intimidating.

Last test-fit of the dash. wires run to the proper areas, No clearance issues or snags so far.

wiring1.jpg

dash3.jpg

My motor is basically a stock 92 5.0, with a cobra intake, and a larger throttle body. I am going to bolt on some nice roller rockers that I have, and that will be about it until I blow it up.
my motor is a 97 explorer block with GT40 heads and tfs stage one came with the explorer upper and lower with 24ib injectors and matching bbk maf and 70mm tb. I wish I had roller rockers but ill get those when I build the badboy 5.8 Windsor block. the cobra intake looks wicked awesome in ur car too.

my motor is a 97 explorer block with GT40 heads and tfs stage one came with the explorer upper and lower with 24ib injectors and matching bbk maf and 70mm tb. I wish I had roller rockers but ill get those when I build the badboy 5.8 Windsor block. the cobra intake looks wicked awesome in ur car too.
Thanks! I'm also planning to put some frame connectors on before I start abusing it again.

Ok, I have enough wires connected, routed and loomed that she will start and run using the factory ignition. Seemed like a long time to connect 3 wires, but it's a good start.

wiring2.jpg

Progress report. Finally figured out all the steering column wires. turn, hazard and brake wires now working. Today its all about the headlight switch, wipers and gauges.

wiring3.jpg

Back