Right hand drive?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering has anyone ever done a right hand drive conversion and if it could be done?

Plenty of RHD converted 71-73 cars here in Australia, though not nearly as common now that LHD cars can be registered here. Costs about ten grand to get a proper job done, and usually uses modified Australian Falcon steering parts. Funnily enough, even though most conversions are visually mirror-image perfect, I've never seen a RHD car that's had the center gauges converted, and by that I mean they are always angled towards the passenger and not the new drivers position:

qcUUC.jpg

ebKvf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!!! I would love to do that! Wonder how hard it would be to get one? Does seem odd that the gauges do not angle to match the wheel though? Are there a lot of swap meets in Australia? There are so many cool cars I only get to read about here that you get to see every day. The Cleveland seems to be so much more prevalent there I would love to see one of your guy’s swap meets or car shows.

Haha keep in mind that I’m the guy that wants a Redback and a Funnel Web spider as a pet so my tastes are obviously different then most

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, 10 grand is a lot for the conversion. I have a 60 MGA that needs restoration, but it looks like it is already set up for an easy conversion to RHD. In fact, if my memory is correct, the gas pedal linkage goes to the right side and then through the firewall on the passenger side. Already mounting holes for the master cylinder too on the right side. I guess they were set up that way since they are British cars.

HA, if you think that's a lot try the cost of convering a new car. 35K+

That's one of the reasons a 35K mustang cost 120K here.....Oh the misery. Can you imagine paying $125,000 for your wife's daily driver???

Back